“Weekday Late Breakfast”
Review of Wright & Co.

Wright & Co.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We were very happy to have found W & Co for our breakfast/brunch on this chilly morning. Warm, friendly atmosphere. Timely service considering the place was fairly full. Excellent coffee. My friend opted for the full breakfast - this was generous, attractive and perfectly cooked. I went for the black rice porridge, (a little tentatively I'll admit), and was delighted. Heavenly.
Will definitely visit again when next in the area. Thank you!

Eshla W, Manager at Wright & Co., responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are pleased you enjoyed your experience.
hope you see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

When I asked a local while holidaying in the Hawkes Bay for a good cafe, I was expecting just that, but that was not the case.We were a table of four, and the cafe wasnt full.We had to wait far too long for our food which wasnt good. The scrambled eggs were overcooked and dry and the portion far too small for the cost. The bacon was like leather.Our coffees all came at different times, and was luke warm.
The service was very poor and we timed how long it took to remove our plates,. 30 minutes.The attitude of our waitress was slovenly and couldnt care less, no smiles, no communication, too cool for school, and for goodness sake, replace those once where white, now grey t shirts with crisp new ones.No, a real disapointment and the Village deserved a much better cafe, than this.

1  Thank loveroflife40
Eshla W, Manager at Wright & Co., responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Hi There,

We are truly sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience here are Wright & Co. I assure you this is completely out of character from us and we have taken your review seriously with addressing the issues you pointed out.
We hope that you will give us another shot in the future to prove usual standard of service.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Place very busy given the day. By 1 PM out of some food. Service pretty quick given busyness. Wait staff a bit slow to get our attention for drinks. Wait for food moderate so OK. Food good - squid salad excellent - squid perfect. Salad a little overdressed. Burger generous. Pretty happy!

Eshla W, Owner at Wright & Co., responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for joining us on Mother Day, thank you for your feedback and review.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

A really busy and trendy place. They make great coffee and have lovely young staff members who are very personable, but it can get very busy there as it is so popular. We had a lovely breakfast there and came back for dinner, but the dinner menu I think was too complicated and the food wasn't as good. They might be better to concentrate on a simpler menu of more comforting dishes in the evening rather than trying to emulate finer dining. A great place though and definitely the place to get a coffee!

Eshla W, Owner at Wright & Co., responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for your review, we will take your feedback on board.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

My friend and I called in for lunch before we went over the road to the movies. I decided to have a glass of wine with my lunch, the wine was delightful once I had cleaned the previous persons lipstick off the glass. NO excuses for that I'm afraid, do your staff not check the glasses before they use them? Standard practice I would have thought. Food was also average, over priced and average . Avocado and feta? More bread than anything else. Will not recommend or revisit. I have given it 2 chances.

Date of visit: April 2017
Eshla W, Owner at Wright & Co., responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that your experience at Wright & Co was not enjoyable. Thank you very much for your review and feedback we will take this on board and will work on those things. We do hope to see you again.