All reviewsgood sizeseparate bedroomsmin drivewater pressurenew ownersroad noisecomfortable bedste mata peaklynunithostvillagecleanlinessregionhastings
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Travelling with my elderly mother and was referred to this motel by another where we usually stayed who could not accommodate us this time.
What a pleasant surprise. An older motel. Larger rooms, comfortable beds and great internet and water pressure. Spotlessly clean. What more could you need. Very friendly host new to the industry. I have been in the industry for the past 15 years and I wish you well. You are doing everything right. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review!!
So nice to hear that what we do everyday is appreciated & that I personally, think I've found my calling :)

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Cherry Grove is a clean, no fuss motel. Value for money. The rooms have everything one would need for an overnight stay or longer. Motelier is friendly, approachable and informative. We will always stay at this motel when in Havelock North.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Thank you so much for your review - sorry I missed it when it was written but a thank you at any time is better than none at all, right?
So we hope to see you again in the not too distant future, cheers!!!
Lyn

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Awesome from start to finish, lovely friendly staff...... Lyn you are perfect for running a motel. Fun, friendly and so kind. Room was even better than we booked, loved our stay and will definitely be back again Jason & Karen

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
LynCraigLarking, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Thank you so much Karen & Jason (& the rest of the Buist Family) is was a pleasure having you all!!
We would love to have you back again, anytime!!
Cheers
Lyn :)

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We've been here around 4 times now as it suits our needs to the ground. The new owners are friendly, attentive and really know how to run the place like a dream. I'm not usually a motel fan BUT I've changed my mind because they have gardens, sitting areas, good outdoor spaces A POOL and they are very close to the town centre and nice cafe almost next door. Super clean.
Rooms are varied in size and looks, you can have a studio or a 2 bedroomed apartment. Prices are the best in town. Lyn and Craig are so friendly and accommodating that they have become good friends now. Every time we go back it has improved, great job.

Room Tip: Pool rooms mean you can watch the kids.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Cherry_Grove_Motel, Owner at Cherry Grove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Thanks Michelle - it means so much to us that you enjoy being here & want to keep coming back!! We'll have you here anytime :)

Reviewed 22 January 2017

It states on the reception wall that it was rated 8.8 out of 10.We found that a bit over the top. staff were good,room was clean and tidy, but for $210 and only having single ply bog roll bit much, it has 2 bedrooms one double and the other had 2 sigle beds. we only wanted a double,so how we ended up with this heaven knows. at best we would rate it as a 6 out of 10.bed was ok comfort wise.plenty of extra blankets in the closet.we have stayed in hotels in Wellington for far less and they have been superior.probably won't stay here again mainly cos of the cost.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Jack & Jill,
I'm sorry you feel this way about your stay with us.
We are only a humble 3 star motel (with a 8.4 guest review rating from Booking.com)
I think what has happened here is that you've obviously booked online as opposed to booking with us directly (any online booking incurs an extra 15% commission) & I would say you got a two bedroom unit as there was nothing else more suited to your needs available.
Wellington motels are a different beast - & get year round business - Hawkes Bay is very much a summer destination & we have to make hay while the sun shines to still be here for the following seasons hence our pricing. Had you stayed at any other motel in Havelock North you would have paid a lot more.
As for the "single ply bog roll" it wouldn't have bothered us if you'd used the whole roll to do your paperwork. We use this particular paper as it's good for our septic tanks & the environment & it comes wrapped so it's hygienic until the guest needs it.
I hope this answers some of your queries....
Have a great day