This place is bizarro world. I'm really not the "resort-type", so maybe it's just me...
The place looks nice. The grounds are well maintained. It's on a nice beach. There is a rock wall that guards the beach from the rough waves, so it's nice and calm. There are palapas (there aren't enough lounge chairs for all the palapas, which is lame considering it's a resort) and a beautiful view of the sunset. The rooms are fine. Our shower wouldn't turn off, so they sent someone out pretty quickly to fix it.
They herd you around like a bunch of cattle. You get there, wait for your room outside. They herd you into this weird conference room, play you a video about the place (I thought for sure I was going to conned into a timeshare scheme.), call your number, give you wristbands, and send you to your room. When you check out, they herd you to check your bags, then eat before you leave, then give your keys & wristbands back. Pretty efficient, just super weird.
There is a buffet which was pretty lousy. Watch out, because people will shove you and cut you off to get to their food. It's cut throat in there!
You get all-you-can-drink cheap booze. We got pretty drunk and ended up in a family fight! And I had the worst hangover...
Whatever you do, DON'T GO TO THE SHOW!!! It's HORRIBLE!!! Seriously. Don't go.
I was glad my mother-in-law paid for this, because I'd be pretty disappointed if I had to pay for it! But it's El Salvador, so don't expect the Ritz.
My father-in-law said it best, "One night is enough." Indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Salvadorian Pacific Coast 90 km from the capital, San Salvador, the Pan American Highway, covering an area of 270,000 m2 with a mile of beach front. The Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel offers a fantastic Mayan flavored all-inclusive vacation experience. Located on El Salvador's Pacific coast, just 50 minutes away from San Salvador, Royal Decameron Salinitas borrows from the Salvadorian culture and its colorful architecture as the art using many Mayan statues distributed throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean; spend time in any of our four fresh water pools, or even in the spectacular salt water pool filled daily by the ocean tides while taking advantage of our all-inclusive drinks at any of our four distinctive bars. When the guests are not taking the Central American sun and they want more action, they are invited to join the fun with our professional activities staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Salinitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Decameron El Salvador
- Decameron El Hotel Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas San Salvador
- Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel
- Salinitas Decameron
- Royal Decameron Salinitas El Salvador
- Decameron San Salvador
- Decameron Salinitas El Salvador