My family was there in July 2017. This was my second time staying at this resort, the first time was 2014. The first time I was there I thought that the service was great and the food was pretty good. I wish that I could say that things have gotten better. Shouldn't this be the aim of every business? I really wish that I could say this because I paid almost $800 for a two-night stay.
Getting in to the buffet dining room was a big deal. If you got there early they let you in and tell you not to serve yourself yet - but then other people came in and started serving themselves. On another occasion we were not allowed to enter the dining room (which did not look full). We were sent to another hall/room where they had a makeshift buffet service. The food was so bad; bland, no taste/flavor. Nevertheless, my dad and niece ended up getting sick from the food.
I think it is so sad that a company does not feel challenged to serve people better just because they feel they have "cornered the market" and people don't really have any other choice but to choose them.
On that note, it would be nice, again because of the dollar$ that are being paid, for the company to invest in the rooms. We were assigned to the rooms near the main buffet dining room. (It's amazing what a redone bathroom, updated furniture or new drapes/curtains can do.)
Of course there are good things... like the after dinner shows for adults and children. Lots of fun!
The pools and surrounding areas were always clean and there were always people going around to make sure they stayed clean.
Housekeeping services was great!
We did manage to make a reservation at the steakhouse - this was a very nice meal! and superb service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located on the Salvadorian Pacific Coast 90 km from the capital, San Salvador, the Pan American Highway, covering an area of 270,000 m2 with a mile of beach front. The Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel offers a fantastic Mayan flavored all-inclusive vacation experience. Located on El Salvador's Pacific coast, just 50 minutes away from San Salvador, Royal Decameron Salinitas borrows from the Salvadorian culture and its colorful architecture as the art using many Mayan statues distributed throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the beautiful Pacific Ocean; spend time in any of our four fresh water pools, or even in the spectacular salt water pool filled daily by the ocean tides while taking advantage of our all-inclusive drinks at any of our four distinctive bars. When the guests are not taking the Central American sun and they want more action, they are invited to join the fun with our professional activities staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Salinitas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Decameron El Salvador
- Decameron El Hotel Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas San Salvador
- Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron El Salvador
- Royal Decameron Salinitas Hotel
- Salinitas Decameron
- Royal Decameron Salinitas El Salvador
- Decameron San Salvador
- Decameron Salinitas El Salvador