“The best pizza I ever had! And I've been to Italy...”
Review of Bocelli's Pizzeria - CLOSED

Bocelli's Pizzeria
Calgary, AB
“The best pizza I ever had! And I've been to Italy...”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were told by a local to try this place out if we ever had a hankering for pizza during our week stay in Whitehorse. This is truly a gem- a diamond in the rough! The exterior and interior may throw you off, but the pizza made was nothing less of extraordinary. I would have to say the quality far exceeds those hoighty toighty pizza places I have been to before in cities like Calgary and Vancouver that claim authentic Napolitan thin crust pizzas. And I have had the best in Italy, so the pizzas made here are pretty comparable, if not better! Service is friendly and the owners were lovely and proud of their business. Do not miss this one if you're in the Yukon!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank jlosbanos
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Whitehorse, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not an average pizza”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

With specialty crusts and toppings (ie. artichokes!) this is no average pizza. Delightful flavours and combinations, as well as other authentic Italian dishes. It's not chain-store pizza, but not their prices either. Awesome pizza!

1 Thank Honesty H
Sussex
“The little gem of Whitehorse”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This restaurant is an absolute gem, the best in Whitehorse. My husband and I were staying in Whitehorse as part of our Yukon/Alaska trip and decided that we wanted a Pizza but not a Dominos and ended up here. The lovely owner,Ron really welcomed us and was very interested in our trip, and the pizzas freshly made in front of us were delicious. As we knew we had another night in Whitehorse after Alaska we said to him that we would be back. Over 2 weeks later we did go back to be greeted by name and a glass of white wine presented to us as he remembered that was what we drank – what excellent customer service and excellent fresh made pizzas. I cannot recommend highly enough this gem of Whitehorse or the staff, such a pity it is so far from England. Thank you Ron you made a lasting impression on us.

• Visited June 2011
Yukon, CA
“Bland”
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Overpriced, bland and overrated pizza. Not much more to say, skip it.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank kelnav
Whitehorse, Canada
“Great Pizza!!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I've lived in many cities right across the country and to my surprise this Whitehorse restaurant makes one of the finest pizzas anywhere.

It's a thin-crust pie topped with the finest ingredients. It's pricey like all pizza joints in this town but there is absolutely no need to be ordering take-out from the pizza chains when you have a Bocelli's as an option.

The only negatives are the hours of business and they do not deliver...

2 Thank Murray1988