“I actually got to drive the team - me- the scardy cat! And i'll never forget thi” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Muktuk Adventures

and up
Half-Day Dog Sledding: The Takhini Express
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Muktuk specializes in customized small group adventures for both novice and experienced mushers . Walking tours are offered in the summer. Nestled into an ox-bow on the Takhini River, the 100-acre ranch is bordered on three sides by the River, ideal for mushing in the winter, and for beautiful scenery in the summer.
Yukon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2008

I loved this. I never dreamed I would ever do anything remotely like this. A winter activity just seems stupid to me but my colleague and I went to visit the kennels and Frank just gave us a dog sled with three dogs each and lead us out, him in front then 100 feet and then me then 100 feet then Harmony.
Fantastic. All you could hear were the sleds gently swishing along the frozen trail and the breathing of the dogs. And the dogs were fantastic. If you said stop, they immediately stopped, if you said go, they went. It was a beautiful clear Yukon day in March and we went for the morning and afterwards had lunch in the house with the guides and Frank. Great stories, never to be forgotten experience. I'm hooked. And if I, a 55 year old woman, can do this and love it anyone can and will. I was totally suprised at what a fantastic experince this was!
Better then a day in Rome or Florence. Unforgetable.

2 Thank wildernessweddings
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow