All reviews ice fishing jacuzzi suite other guests aurora borealis the main lodge dog sledding hot tub chef troy northern lights log lodge metal room whole package gorgeous scenery everyone eats together snowmobiling trip included meals country house
Reviewed 7 January 2018

We went to Inn on the Lake to see the aurora borealis and, though we didn't get the vivid green we have seen in photos, we did get a fantastic show. Just being out on the lake at night was a pretty mesmerizing experience in and of itself, so I wouldn't have been disappointed without the lights. Food at the Inn is very good with a lot of care going into dinner. Breakfast is fairly simple and, though we enjoyed it, don't expect it to be as big a deal as dinner.

One note...this is not a wilderness lodge. It's a beautiful lodge, but there are a few other houses on the same road overlooking the lake. This being the Yukon, your likelihood of seeing wildlife is great.

All northern travel experiences are expensive (and Inn on the Lake is no exception) but they do a very good job to make your stay comfortable and memorable. Staff are very welcoming and seem to take pleasure in your enjoyment.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank d0ndequiera
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed as a solo traveller for the winter package tour - 3 nights including dog sledding. The inn was fantastic, food wonderful (thank you Troy!) and the tours really interesting and entertaining. I am not used to cold environments, but Carson and his staff made sure that I was kitted out, and looked after me and the other guests well. Patrick in particular was a fantastic guide and the snowmobiling trip to the frozen lake was really fun. We had a fantastic view of the northern lights on one night and really enjoyed the camp fire. I particularly enjoyed getting to know the other guests and made some great new friends from all over the world. The honours system for drinks and snacks works well and I never bothered to lock my room. It was like staying in a friends country house. Book the Jacuzzi suite if you can, comfy bed, lovely decor and a balcony. Go! You’ll love it!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank annmaries722
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We went to see the snow the the Aurora, and we absolutely got what we paid for.
The resort is about 45 minutes out of Whitehorse and Carson was extremely helpful to us, one of the staff picked us up from the airport so we didn't need to figure out how to get there.
Because if the remote location of the resort there is no light pollution at all so its ideal for viewing the Northern lights (given luck on cloud coverage and the intensity of the aurora itself, so I'd recommend staying for a few nights just in case)
It was my husbands birthday while we were there and I wanted to make his favorite cake, and Troy, the Chef was extremely helpful, lending me appliances and tools I needed, even giving me some ingredients I forgot!
The dinners were wonderful, there was not a meal I didn't like, and Troy is very compliant to any food requirements you might have. (And If your anything like us, staying up all night to look at the sky, I'd recommend bringing something for breakfast/lunch because you might sleep past the breakfast times.)

Room Tip: If you get a room outside of the main lodge be prepared to have to put on snow clothes every time you need to go to your room (in Winter)
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tessa S
Reviewed 12 October 2017

When we arrived in Whitehorse, Carson picked us up at the airport and drove us out to the lodge. On the way, he pointed out the interesting sites on the way. The lodge is exactly what you'd expect, comfy, charming, rustic-like, etc. Chef Troy made the most delicious dinners and you didn't go hungry. The portions were huge!!! The rest of the staff was so nice and accommodating making sure we had everything to have a good time.

Carson made arrangements for us to go the nature preserve and hot springs. The next day he took us to town to explore and shop. The highlight of the trip was the Northern Lights. All you have to do is walk outside after dark, look up and the lights are right there. They are truly amazing.

If you ever get a chance to go to Whitehorse, you've got to stay at the Inn On The Lake.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank MichellesOnTheRoad
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Outstanding lodge for a reasonable price. You feel like you are at your own cottage. All the toys are there for use, bicycles, canoe, pool table, books, hot tub, deck, balcony with Muskoka chairs...and the best of all an outstanding view, a crystalline lake (very cold) and the view of the northern lights...couldn't even imagine to ask for more. They have a chef and the dinner although on the expensive side, was worth ...professionally done meal for the most demanding palate. The owner comes every morning and treats you like his personal guest! We definitely recommend this place. But you will need a car, it is far and isolated from any town activity

Stayed: September 2017