“Excellent Place with a classy flare, for a Celebration!”
Review of Rembrandts

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 15 February 2016

If you're looking for great food, private rooms for a celebration and server staff that are attentive and really nice, this is your restaurant. The setting is old English style, with beautifully carved wood features. We have been here for dinner at least 3 or 4 times, so we decided to have my husband's Christmas party here.
The atmosphere is definitely fine dining and the food and wine will match that. The private rooms are nice if you have 3 or 4 couples because you can actually enjoy hearing conversations, that you wouldn't normally in a busy, noisy restaurant. The food is excellent and the chef will bend over backwards to make your food tasty even if you have allergies and can't eat everything, they try to accommodate no matter what. The only reason I gave it only 4 stars is because I've had to send back my plate because I always request well done, no blood, and I've seen blood a few times, but when it comes back it's great, but then everyone else is heavy into their food. So whenever my plate goes back for their error, I can't give an excellent score. But in all honesty, the ambiance and setting, is so relaxed that I will always go back! Cheers and enjoy this great restaurant! Anyone thinking of getting engaged, this is a awesome setting!

Reviewed 24 January 2016

This dining room is all about elegance in the atmosphere and ambiance. When I saw the evening menu, the chateaubriand for 4 jumped out. We asked the waitress what the meal included and as a group of friends we agreed to go for this meal choice.
I also commented that I loved the flambe that they used to serve in this dining room, but is not on the menu now.
We ordered the steak medium-rare and enjoyed our bottle of wine and an order of baked oysters. The large 6 oysters on the half shell were served with a crusty baked cheese topping with spinach and a bit of hot spice in the broth. A delicious starter to share.
When the meal was served the steak was perfect. It was served with tasty crusted potatoe wedges and the veggies were yellow beets, whole baby carrots ,red and orange peppers. it came with a rich peppercorn sauce and a full bodied maderia sauce for the meat and each couple received the sauces on the side.
The high-light of the meal came when Chef came to the table to annouce that he would be happy to prepare a flambe dessert just for us and offered us a choice of toppings. We agreed to the fruit and it was the creme de la creme to our evening . A crepe filled with a light cream cheese that was warmed in the sauce of the pan then topped with a mix of raspberries, blackberries, and kiwi. A decadent end to a gourmet group meal.

1  Thank HIB306
Reviewed 7 November 2015

The meal may have seemed better because it was complementary with my hotel room, but the reality is that the atmosphere at the dining room here is worth coming here.

My breakfast was simple, but well executed, and I enjoyed sitting in an amazingly restored room.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

I have had numerous opportunities to dine at Rembrants in the Hotel Senator. Whether breakfast, lunch or dinner the food was well prepared and delivered in a reasonable time. Rembrandts has private dining rooms for groups or a general dining area.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

terrible waiter , terrible service , the restaurant lobby stinks deodorant in a fake French decoration so we went away without waiting anymore to be served as the waiter was ignoring us