“Great night out”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Great place to take friends, family or business. Wonderful old world detail in it's construction and furnishings. Great food, outstanding wine selection. We had our Christmas party there so it will accommodate large parties.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

I love Rembrandts (now renamed to Flanagan's Steakhouse). The historic atmosphere coupled with the fine dining make for a really romantic meal. The food has always been exquisite. The dishes are rich and tasty and you receive a very large portion. The price reflects this but its totally worth it. Great place for an anniversary or valentines day dinner. Service has always been great.

Reviewed 28 February 2015

Went for a business function, 5 in our party. The restaurant was quiet and there were two waitresses for the entire place. At first, service was excellent, our drinks were brought out and a second round, the order was taken, and that's when things went down hill. Our waitress can back with our appetizers and picked up our empty glasses but failed to ask if we wanted anything more. We figured she would be right back. We sat for 45 minutes until our meals came with empty glasses and absolutely no service. Then our meals came, cold. She can and asked us how everything is, and we told her. She knew she slipped up, didn't charge us for the food and brought out complementary dessert. We were looking forward to this meal all week, unfortunately it did not come close to expectations.

Reviewed 18 December 2014

We had booked a group of 12 people for our Christmas staff party; waitress was great considering she was the only one there and it was her first evening shift there....
When I booked this room I was not told that the gratuity would be included on the bill, most except for 1 or 2 who left earlier added the tip to the bill.
When given the bill, there was nothing itemized - therefore could not see anything re tip (saying incl.)... we were all in line paying at the till so of course not much time to ask questions.
On my way home, started thinking about my bill that was almost $100 for 2 glasses of wine and a chicken oscar and Caesar salad... just did not add up... I called waitress back ~ questioning all this and was told that when I booked, I should have been told that the gratuity was included.
Had to call everyone, asking what they gave and retrieved the tip money...Please check your bills folks and ask for an itemized bill!! Some people overcharged for their meals as well...a bit of a confusing night to say the least. Our waitress did her best though serving us by herself...

Reviewed 6 December 2014

Visited here for a family celebration and we had a private room booked for approximately 20 people. Service was horrible from beginning to end but here is a summary of the evening: 1 server for our entire group and 1 person assisting him with drink orders. We were only allowed to sit next to the people in our group with whom we were sharing the bill. When repeatedly ignored and passed by for a glass of wine, I spoke up and was told "more wine is chilling; we told you that already" Maybe you told someone in my group but I can assure you it certainly wasn't me! After waiting almost 1.5 hours, our entrees finally came and what a disappointment they were. Ordered a "Kansas City" cut steak with sun-dried tomato and cream cheese risotto. The steak was lukewarm at best and completely under-cooked (I requested med-rare). The risotto was so overcooked it was actually stuck to my plate like glue! I took one bite and handed my plate to the waiter. He demanded to know what was wrong with it and I told him. He then actually tried defending the kitchen stating "they couldn't keep up with all the orders at once" At the prices you're charging, that is a very poor excuse. He even tried defending the cut of steak I chose; again, at his recommendation, even though it was so full of fat it was disgusting. It took me nearly 2 mins to "saw" through it with my really dull steak knife. The server then proceeded to ask every other person at my table how their food was and specifically how the risotto was, just for my benefit or his personal enjoyment, I guess. Apparently he didn't take to well to an honest opinion. This the first and only time I have ever sent food back in my life. There were about 6 or 7 at my table that either sent their food back altogether or had to return it to the kitchen more than once, including my 16 year old daughter. Overall, I was thoroughly disappointed in the server's attitude and lack of people and customer service skills. What was supposed to be a celebration for a very important member of my family was completely tainted by this server's lack of compassion, professionalism and general common sense. I was even more disappointed to learn this server was also the MANAGER! Shameful!! I have been to steakhouses before and this establishment doesn't even come close. By the way...if you're going to set a beautiful table with fine silverware, wine glasses, bread plates, etc....do you think it would be too much to ask to actually serve some bread while making your guests wait over an hour for their entrees?? Just a thought....

1  Thank cdngirl95