“Be careful...”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 18 December 2014

We had booked a group of 12 people for our Christmas staff party; waitress was great considering she was the only one there and it was her first evening shift there....
When I booked this room I was not told that the gratuity would be included on the bill, most except for 1 or 2 who left earlier added the tip to the bill.
When given the bill, there was nothing itemized - therefore could not see anything re tip (saying incl.)... we were all in line paying at the till so of course not much time to ask questions.
On my way home, started thinking about my bill that was almost $100 for 2 glasses of wine and a chicken oscar and Caesar salad... just did not add up... I called waitress back ~ questioning all this and was told that when I booked, I should have been told that the gratuity was included.
Had to call everyone, asking what they gave and retrieved the tip money...Please check your bills folks and ask for an itemized bill!! Some people overcharged for their meals as well...a bit of a confusing night to say the least. Our waitress did her best though serving us by herself...

Reviewed 6 December 2014

Visited here for a family celebration and we had a private room booked for approximately 20 people. Service was horrible from beginning to end but here is a summary of the evening: 1 server for our entire group and 1 person assisting him with drink orders. We were only allowed to sit next to the people in our group with whom we were sharing the bill. When repeatedly ignored and passed by for a glass of wine, I spoke up and was told "more wine is chilling; we told you that already" Maybe you told someone in my group but I can assure you it certainly wasn't me! After waiting almost 1.5 hours, our entrees finally came and what a disappointment they were. Ordered a "Kansas City" cut steak with sun-dried tomato and cream cheese risotto. The steak was lukewarm at best and completely under-cooked (I requested med-rare). The risotto was so overcooked it was actually stuck to my plate like glue! I took one bite and handed my plate to the waiter. He demanded to know what was wrong with it and I told him. He then actually tried defending the kitchen stating "they couldn't keep up with all the orders at once" At the prices you're charging, that is a very poor excuse. He even tried defending the cut of steak I chose; again, at his recommendation, even though it was so full of fat it was disgusting. It took me nearly 2 mins to "saw" through it with my really dull steak knife. The server then proceeded to ask every other person at my table how their food was and specifically how the risotto was, just for my benefit or his personal enjoyment, I guess. Apparently he didn't take to well to an honest opinion. This the first and only time I have ever sent food back in my life. There were about 6 or 7 at my table that either sent their food back altogether or had to return it to the kitchen more than once, including my 16 year old daughter. Overall, I was thoroughly disappointed in the server's attitude and lack of people and customer service skills. What was supposed to be a celebration for a very important member of my family was completely tainted by this server's lack of compassion, professionalism and general common sense. I was even more disappointed to learn this server was also the MANAGER! Shameful!! I have been to steakhouses before and this establishment doesn't even come close. By the way...if you're going to set a beautiful table with fine silverware, wine glasses, bread plates, etc....do you think it would be too much to ask to actually serve some bread while making your guests wait over an hour for their entrees?? Just a thought....

1  Thank cdngirl95
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were a group of family and friends with a wide age spread. A private room was booked and it worked so well, I can't wait to make use of this luxury again soon. The 'kids' was taken care of first (ages between 8 and 15) and got there food quickly keeping them happy. Then they were able to play and visit to their hearts content in the lovely ample room. Our food was good and the order executed well, all arriving at the same time. Our drinks were replenished regularly and the service was special and attentive but not overdone.
The food was definitely a cut above regular chain restaurants but not outstandingly special.
I loved that we could visit unabashedly without the normal restaurant din forcing one to yell especially with a big group across the table.
There is always something magic about good friends sitting around a big table with wine and food and this restaurant has a wonderful rich ambiance without being stuffy.

1  Thank gulietta
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The starters were good, especially the chicken livers, but the mains were disappointing. Tough steak which was mostly fat, greasy fish, poor service. Good if you like the old English decor. No plans to go again.

4  Thank XdaveX
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had booked a private room for 12 people to celebrate our daughters University Convocation. By the time the day came it was down to 8 people but when I phoned to inform the restaurant they said no problem will still have private room. We were ther for a 6:30 reservation and the next 3 hours flew by as we honestly were treated to as good of service as we have had anywhere in our travels, matched by great food and drinks. My apologies for getting this written so late and thus do not remember our waiters name but he could not have done more to ensure we enjoyed every minute we were there. We all ordered diffrent dishes and everyone enjoyed everthing from Lobster Bisque to the Kansas City style steak, pasta, chicken plus dessert. My daughter had been there before for a diffrent occasion and when I asked where she wanted to celebrate her 4 years of hard work without hesitation said Rembrandts, We found out why!