“Good lactose free treats!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Griffin Takeaway
Ranked #5 of 18 Dessert in Saskatoon
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 25 January 2017

It's nice to have a go-to place for vegan treats!! I am severely lactose intolerant, and you can't get a dairy free dessert almost anywhere in the city... I have gotten desserts from here many times, and they are always delicious!

Reviewed 11 January 2017

You will never wonder if the food is safe and gluten-free. They have a great selection of decadent dessert and buns , breads and scones, but often sell out by afternoon. The hot foods are tasty but smaller selection. All the food is tasty but some is spicy so ask if you have a sensitive stomach( ie their chili)
Expect to pay more than at a regular bakery, but you won't be disappointed with the flavor.

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We tried several of the vegan cookies and scones. I liked them but my son did not like the slightly granular texture. They also have a nice variety of salads and baked potatoes. A nice addition to Saskatoon.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

One of the best places to get vegan desserts, bread, snacks, fudge and alot of stuff gluten free too.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

Was in the store the Saturday before Thanksgiving looking for some buns to go with the turkey and of course some dessert. We entered the store and it was, as always, very busy. We eventually made our way to the main cooler that is treated as a counter. We were standing at this cooler and the next clerk available (she had just handed her last client off to another clerk at the cash register) proceeded to ignore us standing right there and looked to the back of the store (towards the entrance) and saying 'can I help anyone, is there anyone that has not been helped' as I stood there looking at her with a befuddled look on my face. I was so shocked that we were being ignored yet standing right there that I guess I was a little speechless. Once she helped that customer (who ended up buying purchasing the last dozen GF buns) I then spoke up and said 'hello'. She did not apologize for overlooking us either. Because of this poor service AND the fact the item I specifically went in there to buy was sold from underneath me we walked out without buying anything. I'm not sure how quick I will return as it is a 45-60 minute trip return from my home.

2  Thank Rhonda E