“Vastly improved ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: (306) 956-7333
Description: (306) 956-7333
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I previously reviewed this restaurant when it was called Nagoya and I can say it has vastly improved after the changes they have made to the place. They have created a more intimate setting with lots of spots for parties of two to four people. The wooden shrine type framing they added to the dining area adds privacy and atmosphere even if it does seem a little unfinished. The food we ordered was even better than it was previously. Tempura crab and a variety of delicious rolls. Spicy tuna melted in your mouth. Very happy with the new and improved incarnation of this spot.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

I reviewed this restaurant 5 years ago when they had a different owner and were under a different name. I went back there last weekend and... oh my!

I can't say I like the looks of the restaurant. The plywood with pencil markings does not cut it for me. There's a way of creating a "bare bones" atmosphere but with class and good taste but these guys missed it by miles.

However, the food is very good!!! I used to live in Boston so there's no way I can taste that level of freshness in seafood found in Saskatoon but these guys' sushi is very good.

I'll definitely go back.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

When you dine out here the atmosphere is pleasant and the sushi is in my opinion the best in town. The shrimp tempura is fantastic.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

My boyfriend and I went here on a date and I enjoyed that the all you can eat option included non sushi items as well (soups, noodles, chicken, cheese wontons, pizza etc). However it was difficult to order some of the items because the portion size was large for two people. We ended up leaving stuffed nearly uncomfortably. We tried two of the specialty rolls that were 8 each and definitely could have done 2-4 of each as a couple.

The obvious solution is to go with more people but then every date would have to be a group date and I enjoyed going and trying things jus the two of us- especially since I only eat veggie sushi (or it may just simply be rolls and no sushi at all) since my mouth simply won't let me eat anything with a fish flavor.

Overall I would return with a group of 4 or more but not just as a couple.

The only other thing is that the bathroom was quite dirty when I went. Which put me off eating a bit.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We stopped by for lunch and were pleasantly surprised. Good sushi this far in the interior is a gift. I had one of the sushi combination platters, while my friend had one of the boxed lunches with chicken teriyaki and tempura. The all you can eat sushi buffet was available. However, the sushi platter I choose had more than enough pieces. The miso soup was the best I've had anywhere and the garden salad was crisp and fresh.