1,504 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Overall, my stay was good. Travelling with a 5 year old and 2 year old can be very challenging, upon entering the hotel a bell captain was there to assist us with our luggage, which was very much appreciated! We went to use the non waterslide pools and found the water to be VERY cold, the hot tub water was luke warm. One note, in the guestroom directory it indicated that towels were available in the pool area, however after getting into the water we realized that there was not any towels anywhere. I asked a pool attendant who was walking by where we could get towels and he advised us that they are at the waterslide area. I had to wrap my two year old in my tshirt as she was freezing from the hot tub and then went to the waterslide area to get a towel.
Overall our room was good, had two double beds and served its purpose.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the business tower, it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hope482
Reviewed 23 June 2012

There are things to like about this Travelodge, beginning with a friendly and efficient greeting by the front desk. Although I arrived before check-in time, they still managed to find me a room — and this is a plus factor in an era when too many hotels and motels go strictly by the book.
Getting to your room is something of a labyrinthine challenge (I have the suspicion there have been built-on additions to the existing building) the first time, but I ended up in a spacious ground-floor room with a comfortable bed. However, it was a room with peculiarities. No stopper in the wash basin which meant I had to keep the water running and draining away when I shaved in the morning. There was a large flat TV screen on the wall with a good selection of channels, but it was at an angle from the bed, making it awkward to watch if you were lying down. The alternative was to sit in one of the cheap, uncomfortable vinyl chairs. Not a satisfactory choice.
The cooling system was a bit eccentric but it worked relatively quietly. And there was a good desk area.
There is a small exercise room and an impressive pool and waterslide area. The business centre with free internet access is also a boon. However breakfast prices are exorbitant in the restaurant (12 bucks for bacon and eggs?) and I would recommend Tim Horton's or Subway, both a two-minute walk away, as a budget alternative.
My room was spotless, and the chambermaid service was considerate and efficient. The lack of a Do Not Disturb sign on the door could be a nuisance, but on all three mornings, I was up early.
I could have done a lot worse in terms of accommodation on this trip, but I still think it was a bit overpriced.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Clean, great location, friendly "Gerald @ front desk" really made our stay. Never thought staying at a Travelodge would be this enjoyable

When passing through Saskatoon, this hotel will be my first stop.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Chris-Genings
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Hello Chris-Genings,

Thank-you for leaving your review. I am glad one of our excellent associated made such an impression on you. I have passed your comments onto Gerald, and his manager. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Saskatoon.

Dean Hartsook
Director of Sales
Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge as a delegate to the Federation fo Canadian Municipalities convention May 31-June 4. There was an issue with my reservation (it was supposed to have been fully prepaid but wasn't). The room was comforatble and erasonably well-appointed, but not outstanding. Directions within the hotel to such amenities as the ice machine were confusing or missing. Although there was a shuttle arranged to the convention venue downtown, I missed the last one on a couple of days and the staff directed me to a Saskatoon Transit stop that had been moved. There was also a wedding party on June 1st, where the small children of the guests were apparently running around the halls until 2 am. My colleague's room was overlooking the pool and waterslide area, and he had issues with the chlorine smell and noise from the kids playing.

On the positive side, the staff did their best to ensure that any issues were dealt with. Although I had to leave my personal credit card for security for the room, this was resolved by the end of my stay.

Would I stay at this hotel again? It would depend on where in the city my business was taking place. I prefer to stay in walking distance of my destination, and found the walk from TCU Place back to the hotel on Sunday was a little much. If I had business in the north end or near the airpost, this would be a good selection. Downtown, not so much.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor along Circle Drive, facing south. That wing is possibly a better choice, but note that it is a loong hall from the elevator to rooms at the west end of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SmokyMark
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Staff was friendly. Although it appears a bit older hotel, the restaurant lady told there had been several recent renos, and i could see that as correct. It's abit pricey in saskatoon, as i did shop around a bit. All in all, easy access to highways, i would likely stay again. Thanks.

Room Tip: Rooms in taller section of hotel appear to be newer/more modern.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo