1,504 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2011

I hosted the Welcome Wagon Bridal Showcase March 13, 2011 at the Travelodge Hotel.I would like to extend a "Thank you" to the catering staff and management. The catering staff worked quickly in setting up the stage, tables and chairs. They were polite and courtesies and there when you needed them.
JOB WELL DONE Thank you

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I arrived at the Travelodge Saskatoon in the later evening, I had prebooked my room unfortunately I did not request a non-smokng room. (most hotels I stay at all rooms are non-smoking). When I was checking in the customer service person, Yvonne, confirmed my reservation to be a smoking room. i just cannot stay in a smoking room and informed her of that. The hotel was fully booked, of course panic struck, I could not stay in a smoking room but Ihad no where else to stay at this time of night. Yvonne recognized my dilemna unfortunately the hotel only had theme rooms available which were significantly more money. i advised Yvonne that I was prepared to pay more but not a whole lot more. She was caught in a dilemna as well. "how does she tell her boss that she rented a theme room for only $10 more than my original reservation". She proceeded on anyway. I had a non smoking room and I was very satisfied and relieved. I will be back because of this good service.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronnierdb
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I really don't want to waste my time writing a review about a place which almost ruined our weekend. But, others need to know I believe. We planned on staying at the Travelodge for three nights this past weekend but out stay was cut short. But, I will get to that shortly. I want to point out a few positives as that is the right thing to do. These are the positives......

- front desk staff are polite. Check in was a breeze as the lady was professional and polite.
- no problem with parking as there is lots of it.
- the newer pool is nice and the area surrounding it looks great.
- upon check out the gentleman at the front desk was apologetic and gave us a discount on our room for that last night.

That's about it for the positives. We stayed in a pool side room which was nice as we could sit out on our little patio to supervise our kids swimming. However, in the evening time, the pool area is so dimly lit it is extremely difficult to see your children in the pool. Added to that issue is the fact there is no one enforcing the rules. They do have pool staff but they basically stay behind their counter visiting with each other instead of managing the pool area. Then again, if more parents had been there to watch their kids the zoo atmosphere might not exist. But, in all honesty, my kids loved the slides and were having a great time.

The main issue for us though was hotel security failing to do their job. At around 1:20 a.m. Friday night we could hear yelling and swearing in the hallway. It also sounded like people may have been fighting. This woke us all up and my youngest daughter was very scared. I opened the door to see about 10 or 12 people, mostly around the age of 18 to 20, yelling at each other with two females trying to fight each other with others making a feeble attempt to hold them back. Security was there and told me they were "handling it". I said fine and went back in the room. At this point it looked like security was trying to get people back into their rooms telling them, which became a common phrase I heard over and over that night from them, "get in your room, go to sleep, or you're going to be kicked out". Well, that turned out to be an empty threat. After about 10 minutes there was someone right outside our door using the "f" word loudly over and over. I again went out and this person was swearing at someone else and I asked if he would stop and lower his voice as I had young children in the room who were now awake (he just ignored me and continued swearing at some young female). Secuity was no longer around. I then called the front desk and they assured me Security was dealing with it. What a joke. About 5 mintues later I again heard Security telling people to go to their rooms or they would be kicked out. This literally went on for an hour with security trying to get people in their rooms. I heard Security talking to the fellow across from us several times and he even used the "f" bomb with them over and over in his booming voice. This guy was so threatening with his language and intimidating I think Security must have been afraid of him. My guess is this fellow and no one else was taking Security seriously. So, at 2:30 a.m. things were mostly quiet though you could still hear people coming and going out of their rooms until 3:30 a.m. (there were three rooms in that hallway with people who were causing the problems).

The next morning, tired as can be, I went to the front desk to find out if those people who had been causing the problems would be staying the night again. The front desk lady was unsure but said she would look into it and call me in my room. About five minutes later she called to say those people had checked out that morning. However, at around 11:30 a.m. as we were going for lunch, I see the door open from across our room, and there is the guy, and some of the young females, putting their dishes outside their door. They were still there. I couldn't believe it! I go back to the front desk and now find out that of the three rooms which were loud and causing the problems, only one had checked out. I explained to the front desk guy that the room right across from us had people who were loud and vulgar and that security was at their door several times. But, they were being allowed to stay. What a joke. What a shame.

So, needless to say, with the party people staying, we were leaving. I will say thank you to the gentleman at the front desk who gave us a discount on our room for that last night given all that we had to put up with that evening. It was appreciated.

Finally, I think management of this hotel needs to decide who they want to cater to......families or party people. I realize Security is not an easy job but when people refuse to settle down and families are being forced to listen to yelling and swearing for close to one hour staring at 1:20 a.m., get those people out of there! If they refuse to leave, get the police involved. And, at the very least, have them check out in the morning. Why is it that those of us who pay good money to stay at your hotel and follow the rules, are the ones who end up leaving? I see from other posts that management has been responding to reviews so I will be interested in reading what they have to say. Think seriously about have zero tolerance for that type of behavior. If you don't, your reputation as a family friendly hotel will disappear.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Banfff
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

I thank you for your professional and well written response. We appreciate you for pointing out the positive things as well as it does show that our hotel service, atmosphere and the experience the family had during the day was a pleasant one. I do apologize about the experience you had during the night and that it spoiled your stay. If we could pick our customers, forums like this probably wouldn't exist. On another note, Customers in which you experienced allow us to examine our procedures which is exactly what we have discussed at our operations meeting this morning. I do apologize about our contracted security dealt with the situation. We hope that you will give us a 2nd chance for the other positive reasons you found in us. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Travis Batting
Director of Sales

Reviewed 23 February 2011

We arrived at the Travelodge after a 2.5 hour drive with 2 small children. Check -in time is 3pm and we arrived shortly after that. We were infomed that our room was not ready and would not be ready for another 1 hour and 20 minutes. They indicated that people had not checked out on time so our room had not been cleaned yet. They offered no appology, discount or restaurant coupon. So we waited in the restaraunt for the time advised and had to spend money. We went back to check in and they advised it would be another 45 minutes. The answer we got is that most people don't check in until 6 or 7 pm on a Sunday so it is usually okay if the room is not ready at 3pm. What kind of an answer is that if your check in time is 3pm? We finally got our room after 1 hour 40 minutes. We were offered no discount. We got a free movie, popcorn and drinks. The worst part was that we were not alone as there were many families with children waiting along with us. The workers at the front desk could definatley use some customer service courses. I would advise: not worth the money, service sucked and if you are going to go swimming, take a robe as you will freeze going back to your room:(

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tanbrook
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2011

We appreciate your feedback. We do apologize about any inconvenience that you experienced while checking in. I am taking your feedback on your wait time to our operations meeting to discuss what happened as that is not the norm. Hope you accept our apologies and that the kids enjoyed themselves.

Travis

Reviewed 31 January 2011

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. Our stay was a big disappointment. Our room was not clean: dirty bedspreads with cigarette burns, hair and crumbs in the bed, various stains on the carpet (one particularly nasty one near the door to the pool), stains on the ceiling, bubbling wallpaper, dark hairs on the bathroom floor etc.

The hallway noise was horrendous. Way after midnight, kids and adults were running up and down the hallway squealing, laughing, yelling, dogs barking (all night). Despite calls to the front desk to ask for help with the situation, nothing changed. In fact, the front desk attendant was extremely rude. He likely had several complaints from other guests and may have been frustrated with the situation himself. However, he could have used some PR skills to deal with us. Since it seems to be a "hockey hotel", they are likely familiar with the problem. Perhaps extra security staff is required on a regular basis.

For two nights stay, we paid $381. This is an outrageous amount of money for a hotel of this standard. I don't mind paying a premium rate, but I would like to get something for it. At best, I could say we had a roof over our heads. A few miles down the road, the brand new Sheraton Four Points is only $129/night!!! That is value.

The hotel has obviously been added onto multiple times. As a result, it is like one big maze to get around. Parking was difficult. And, there were no plug ins. With the temperature at -27 (or lower), not being able to plug in could be a major issue for many.

This hotel is way past the best before date. It really requires a major renovation and a good scrubbing.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank bkjjk

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback helps us to target areas of concern and will be bringing your comments to our operations meeting this morning. I'm concerned that nothing was done even after a phone call as we do have an outside security company that does monitor the hotel on week-ends after quiet time to ensure any rowdies are handled. Sounds like you were travelling in the cold Saskatchewan snap that we have had this Winter. We do have 242 plug in stalls with our complimentary parking. Rates have been elevated in Saskatoon due to the booming economy and it has made many's brow rise as all hotels have raised their prices due to supply and demand. I remember travelling to Calgary and Edmonton in their boom and the rates that I paid there. We are addressing your concern about flooring and replacing all carpets in our hallways this year. Thank you
Travis