“A grown up's night out from kids and dishes”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Ranked #23 of 625 Restaurants in Regina
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 39
Description: Just north of the Trans-Canada Highway on Albert Street. Enjoy amazing service in our comfortable dining room or stylish lounge after shopping at Southland Mall or Chapters and Starbucks next door.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The food was and the service were both very good. However, the restaurant is noisy and some of the seats have an offensive amount of glare from the sun coming in from the west facing windows.

If you are eating there at supper ask for a table out of the glare of the west facing windows. I don't know who designed the restaurant, but there was no thought into the amount of light coming in from the west windows. Someone needs to spring for some window coverings that block enough light so that people in the wrong seats are not stuck staring into the sun while trying to enjoy dinner.

1  Thank John P

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice and cosy design, very nice staff but moat importantly very nice menu. If you ever end up in Regina do visit this place.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

At the recommendations by family member, tried this place 1st time for me. Good ambience, friendly waitress, husband and wife co-owners came over to greet us, good food, plenty and tasty, Ordered their French onion soup and lunch special, guests order Filet Mignon, and NY steak, tried them all for small bite. All very juicy, tender, and well prepared, as guests want medium, and the other wants well done. I have the steak sandwich in medium rare. All perfectly prepared. Plenty of food to enjoy and even to bring home for a lunch size servings. Their dessert, cheese cake is very rich, and the sauce accompany with, gave a nice balance of sweet and tart favorites. Even ordered more to take out as gifts for others. Now, this raised another problem/comment. I explained to owner that I am ordering more cheesecake as gifts to others, she explained they don't usually do that, but will make an exception; however, as they have all their desserts prepared to serve in certain way. I need to return mid afternoon to pick up my order and it will package differently than how it was served at the restaurant. That's fine, I paid for it all, lunch and extra take out cheesecakes before we leave. When the appropriate time comes to return there to pick up the take out order. She greeted me and went in the kitchen to check on the order. Her husband came out and explained that the order is not ready; and the packaging maybe different than originally explained. For my inconvenience, he will prepared and give a couple more than what I had ordered. That's fine; but, it took a long long time to prepare, to package and to bring it out from the kitchen. I was chatting with the receptionists to kill time and even to joke with the owners and staffs; I sensed the wife is "working" for the place and the husband in a lesser than equal partnership role. I joked to tell him that in order to have a happy life, he needs to keep her happy, for a happy wife is a happy life, even she works for him and the restaurant. Right away, I sensed that he is the Alpha male type and he is the "boss" at the restaurant and at home as well. But, he played along and kept a sociably pleasant expressions. Good and fully recommendations to try this place when in the Southland Mall area of the city. If not the main food menu items, at least the cheesecake dessert and/or the French onion soup on the menu. But, prepare, it is a high end place even for lunch and the tab will not be minimal

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Atmosphere and the staff are great the staff is very friendly and courteous. The food is very good but my only qualm is that is never hot even when I request that my food arrive hot it ALWAYS arrives lukewarm sometimes the butter does not even melt on the baked potato. I would probably eat here more frequently if the food was served hot.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Great place for happy hour on the patio. Great happy hour drink prices and appys.
Friendly staff and excellent service.