“Staff was amazing!!! Awesome service!!!”

Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Regina
“Staff was amazing!!! Awesome service!!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Cleaning staff was really good it seemed like they were not there just to work they were there to make your day better everyone was very friendly.stayed there a few months ago and still talking about we are for sure going back !!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Silzer11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Yorkton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were upgraded to a 2 room suite when we checked in. Nice surprise! My in laws were with us which hadn't been recorded at time of booking so they were given a room at no charge. They gave us a bottle of wine to enjoy with the large hot tub in the room. Rooms were very clean. Staff was very warm, welcoming and helpful. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barb K
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I dont know where to even start with this hotel......DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Every negative you could imagine will take place.The lobby is the only area of the building that looked spectacular for cleanliness and the person doing the cleaning when we entered was the only small bright spot in a horrible experience. Despite being very clean the lobby was decorated very poorly, just like all other common areas and rooms. At check in I was told that because I booked through expedia I had to wait for the clerk to grab a paper, and ended up waiting 10+ minutes. Upon arrival back to the desk he had no paper and insisted I must have made a mistake booking my room. I was tired and had a long day so I put the stay on my own credit card so I could unwind and would deal with expedia at a later time for a refund myself. Upon arrival at the first room, I could not get in, the key card was no good. Understanding this can happen sometimes I returned to the front desk, had them re programmed and headed back up...still no luck. I was forced to make this trip 4 more times before I was offered another room. The pool is disgusting and the changerooms were clean but looked like they had not been re done in ages and had the smell to go with it. After taking a cold shower in my room (took over 10 minutes for hot water to reach my room), which stunk badly of staIe cigarette smoke, I went to bed. Within 15 minutes of going to sleep I heard ALOT of yelling and screaming in the hallway. This went on all night and these were DEFINETLY guests of the hotel as they clearly entered a room at some point in the night. I called the front desk who said they would call security but this did not happen as I watched the hallway for well over an hour and NO SECURITY GUARD. As a female traveller, and being alone I did not feel safe to be in this building. I would have just left but with the size of the guys in the hall and what they were yelling for (drugs) I did not dare even leave. I have family that has stayed at this same property multiple times and they said this is a VERY COMMON experience in both the hotel and the parking lot. When I made a complaint the next morning the girl at the desk did not even care, just told me to call the general manager when I got a chance. I was not even offered a free breakfast to make up for my horrible night. Consiering the Ramada is the same price.....JUST SAVE THE HASSLE AND BOOK THERE!!! You will not be disappointed and they WILL make the situation right if you do have a bad experience. I have been travelling to other cities for over 10 years now and always stay in a hotel. This was by far the worst stay I have ever encountered and truly hope this review helps others STAY AWAY. The pictures on this site and Expedia were also nothing like the actual property. They definetly had some fancy lighting and a VERY good camera man to make this place look decent. DEFINETLY NOT AS THE PICTURES SHOW!!! They dont have one picture of the grubby outside of the hotel itself and trust me, there is a reason they do not have one on there. Chateau describes a beautiful place you would want to get away too....this is DEFINETLY not what you will get at the Crapeau Regina!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Michelle A
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I was looking for a nice little romantic room to retreat to after my girlfriend after a date so we went for the spa suite package at this hotel. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. This is a 2 room suite with a king size bed and bathroom in one half, and a spacious and luxerious sitting room with a hot tub big enough for 2 in the other half. This room was perfect for us as we had friends stopping by to join us before our evening out and there was plently of room for us to sit comfortably and visit.

The room was left spotless for with several sample bath products from Stricktly Esthetics left for us. The management and staff at the hotel and the lounge are very friendly and make you feel right at home. Overall it is a nice, clean, comfortable, friendly place to stay in Regina close to shopping and many restaurants, and a very reasonable price. I will be back and recommend it to anyone.

Q Man

Room Tip: Go for the spa suite if you want a nice quite romantic get away, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank QManGroup
Bev1110, Manager at Chateau Regina Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for your very positive comments. Yes, you are correct, the Spa Suite certainly does not dissapoint when looking for a romantic getaway, or even a pamper yourself evening. I am so glad you enjoyed it and look forward to your return visit.
Sincerely Yours,