“EEWE ! BARF !”
Review of Knights Inn Regina

Knights Inn Regina
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Reviewed 7 July 2010

Nasty awful motel. Rusty sinks rusty tubs, really bad smell like an old machine shop. Holes in the walls, torn baseboards. Just a filty disgusting experience that made us feel awful. DO NOT STAY AT 1009 Albert Street, Regina.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
11  Thank PKSlice
jasonp23, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Regina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

I am sorry to hear about your experience. We do have a clear policy that we do not allow pets in our rooms.

Reviewed 18 December 2009

Stayed at this hotel as all others were booked for Football game. Even if you are desperate do not stay at this hotel at 1009 Albert Street Regina I ended up with 30 plus bedbug bites on my neck, legs, shoulders, back and hands. I went to a walkin clinic as I had never had bedbug bites before so I didn't know what they looked like I had lumps all over the doctor at the clinic took one look at me and the lumps on my body and said it was bedbugs he took down the name and address of the hotel and give me a prescription for antibiotics I still have the marks on my body from the bedbugs they still have not gone away. I went to the front desk and demanded another room and told him why and he looked at me and said those are our best rooms with new mattresses in them I said I didn't have these lumps when I checked into your hotel and showed him the prescription that the doctor had given me he gave me another room but was not happy about it. Whatever you do please don't ever stay at this hotel!! Would I recommend this hotel to anyone? not in this lifetme I would sleep in my car first!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
15  Thank Canadacalgaryab
Reviewed 10 September 2009

It's a joke.....don't bother...seriously. I'd rather sleep in my car next year. A definite 0 star establishment run by 0 star management.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
8  Thank wyntyre
Reviewed 10 March 2009

The front desk staff do not know how to process the most simple of transactions. Wev were to register under a Third party credit card, the room was booked by the card-holder. All information was faxed to the motel. We registered. We informed the front desk that we were going to sleep immediately and that we did not want to be disturbed. That was at 18:00Hm. The front desk staff realized that they didn't know what to do. so at 20:15 they called the room requesting alternate payment. Then they called at 21:00, and 21:15, and 21:30. Realizing we were not going to get any sleep that night we went to the desk gave them an alternate credit card, and checked out. They had to check the room to ensure we didn't damage it.
The room was filthy at check-in. It smelled of old grease, or sweat, perhaps human oil. There was a pervading odour of mold and/or mildew (to which I am allergic)as well. The bathtub surface was scratched and rusted. The towels, hand-towels, and washcloths were frayed, yellow, and grey. But they were supposed to be white.
The staff and management offer no consideration for their guests. Indeed the registration card says they may enter the room at ANY time.
NOTICE TO GUESTS:
1) This property is privately owned and the management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone, and will not be responsible for the safety and well being of its' guests, nor their property. Nor for the loss of money, jewellery or valuables of any kind beloning to Customer/Guests.
2) All customers have to abide by the rules posted in the office. The management reserves the right to change these rules verbally, st any time.
3) Room payment is to be paid in anvance, or we will lock you out without notice and keep your personal property that is left in the room.
4)Once paid and checked in, NO REFUNDS will be given. Regardless of the reason, even if the motel is at fault.
5)Management has the right to enter occupied rooms at any time day or night without consulting the occupant of the room.
6) Monthly and weekly rentals must be paid in advance, NO REFUNDS will be made for earlty check-out.
7) No Customer/Guest may party at anytime. The Management reserves the right to disturb the Customer/Guest at anytime.
8) Check-out time is 11:00 am at 11:01 you will be charged for the day, no exceptions.

So obviously, Customer care and service is not high on their priorty list. Getting as much of your money for as little as possible IS. My bedding was mnot changed from the previous guest, which was obvious by the hair on the pillow and sheets. I slept atop the bedcovers.

They are changing their name to INNTOWNER as their reputation is catching up with them.
The owner (Kulbir Mavi) I was told has five of these fleabags in the city of Regina. I am told I know nothing about running a hotel. I was a hotel accountant for 12 years. My family owns and operates an 1880 room hotel in the Chamonix in France. I may not know much above running hotels, but I know more than this whole family combined.
I cannot put a rating on this motel as it defies all accommodation standards, everywhere. I can say, a ditch would have been more ameniable. And given the option of staying at the Knights Inn at 1009 Albert Street, Regina Saskatchewan or a cold wet ditch, I'd take the ditch.
I have cancelled the Credit Card I used as alternate payment. Guess what, they charged the original card no problem. They probably would have charged both in the end.

Do NOT STAY at the Inntowner/Knights Inn in Regina. Do not stay anywhere near 1009 Albert Street. If the owner/Operator is Kulbir Mavi do not register. Do not give any form of payment!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
16  Thank Kalumnu
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Have stayed here twice-second time through Hotwire that rated this a 2 star establishment. This motel barely deserves a single star. at best The rooms are clean enough however the decor is very old, worn, faded and needs to be changed. The toilet on our first room was broken when we arrived-the owner made us feel like we were at fault--it did work in our second room however fixtures mis-matched and sink rusty and full of chips. No plug for bathtub and shower handle was broken. Hotel does not supply kleenex, and very poor overall lighting for reading. Ceiling tiles are in terrible shape, furnace very loud, and bathroom fan noisy . No coffee in the room and continental breakfast is a joke. Only recommend if you are desparate.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple