“Hockey Tourney!”

Ramada Prince Albert
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Reviewed 5 March 2015

small room, hot hot hot on the 3rd floor, we moved to the days inn so the kids would have something to do as this hotel offers no activities for children during down times, if you need a place to stay- stay here, if you have kids- head to the days inn across the street.

Room Tip: lower floor- not so hot!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank MissFally
RamadaPrinceAlbert, General Manager at Ramada Prince Albert, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2015

Dear MissFally,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry our hotel didn’t meet you family’s needs. We have talked to maintenance in regards to the heat issues and they are working hard to keep it regulated.

I hope you liked our comfy beds and had the Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast.

Thanks,
Maureen

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

The carpeting and windows need replacing. There was a draft from our window so we kept the curtains drawn to block it. Some obvious ceiling repairs covered badly with paint and no fridge in our room....Our friends stayed across the hall from us and were using their windowsill as a fridge. On their previous stay they tried to warm up their room with the hair dryer. Our stay was ok-it's just very apparent that the building is tired and in need of maintenance/updating.
The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient. The maids also greeted us in the hall way-very nice!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Jodie H,

Thanks for taking the time to review The Ramada Prince Albert. All issues and concerns have been dealt with. The Ramada is an older hotel, but we are undergoing upgrades and renovations to serve guests better. We are glad to see that you found the staff to be friendly, efficient & helpful.
I hope you found the beds comfortable and had a chance to enjoy the Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast.

Thanks

Reviewed 3 March 2015

My family and I stayed at the Ramada in Prince Albert this past weekend. I was not impressed with the hotel in the least. The front desk lady did not understand English and had to ask for another lady to come help her. The hotel was in need of a make over inside and outside. The room was dated and not that clean. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It desperately needs renovations.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family

Dear PeterNorth,

Thank you for your review of the Ramada Prince Albert. We are sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on having a diverse front desk staff, and are sorry that you incurred issues with one of our staff members. We are sorry in regards to the cleanliness of the room, I assure you this concern has been addressed and Housekeeping has improved tremendously. The Ramada is an older hotel, but we are undergoing upgrades and renovations to serve guests better.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 6 February 2015

After have driven almost 3 hours, I was looking forward to getting a good rest. The hotel smelled funny but I just assumed it was maybe a cleaning product that was used. In the sitting area a fellow was sleeping on a chair. My room was warm but the carpet was stained, and very dirty looking. Upon pulling back the covers of the bed, there were stains on the sheets. I packed up and requested a new room and gave the reason why. Moving to the third floor, the hallways had a strong cigarette smell and my nosed burned from it. My second room was quite warm as well. The entryway was not lit very well and it was difficult to see into the room. Turning on more lights, the carpet showed years of wear, stains were noticeable through out the room and it looked disgusting. I went to put items in the fridge but the knob for adjusting the temp. was missing. Then I just stood there and looked around. Many of the walls were dented and corners chipped. The wood furniture showed many years or wear and the wood was beginning to flake off in several areas. Despite all this I did have a good sleep. In the bathroom the toilet was stained and the wood trim near the shower had black gunk built up in the corner and the wood looked as though it were rotting. The vent had enough fuzz in it a mouse couldn't fit through. I almost checked out, but decided to stay because many of my co-workers were staying here as well. The second night I tried to find a parking spot near an outlet due to the -30 but there was only a few available by the pub. As I tried to park in this area, some very sketchy individuals stood near my vehicle, so I choose to park in the front where it was well light, with out plugging in my vehicle. Finally, after a long day of meetings and running errands, I could not get into my room....so down I went with my arms filled and requested they fix my card so I could get in. The friendly employee did. My room now was extremely hot so I attempted to turn the thermostat down, but it was already at 0 yet that was not what the temperature showed. I tried to look along the baseboard heaters but only found old food, candy and years worth of fuzz and dust under the heater and in the corners. Oh and in the far corner under the heater there was something sticking out, so I used my cell phone flashlight and found uncovered live electric wires. How do I know they were live? Because they were connected to the heater and it was still running. I wasn't about to touch it to find out. I ended up turning on the air conditioner all night. At 1:20 am I was awoken to several intoxicated people laughing and swearing in the hallways and bumping in to the walls. Thank goodness they were way down the hall. Unfortunately for my co-worker, he was below the party people and the noise went on until morning. My co-worker did call twice and complain about the noisy and the receptionist replied "Well what do you want me to do about it?"
At our meetings we found out that there was a continential breakfast on the 2nd floor but at no time did the employees mention this to me or to my co-worker.
I stayed in this hotel because it was pre-booked for me by the organizer of our meetings. I would never stay here again. It definitely is not a hotel for crawling children or toddlers or any family for that matter. I can't see how it is meeting appropriate standards for a hotel in Saskatchewan.
Honestly, I was waiting for a white floating figure to appear at any moment during my stay...that is how outdated this hotel is.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Northerntraveler2015

Dear Northerntraveler2015,

I am sorry that our hotel didn't meet your expectations. I have talked to all Staff and can assure you that the items mentioned have been taken care of. I hope you found the beds to be comfy and that you took advantage of the Complimentary Hot Continental Breakfast.

Thanks for choosing The Ramada Prince Albert

Regards

Reviewed 3 February 2015

It was a good room nice they fit me in but even with heat turn to 22 it was cold. Also outside door to room in need of repair looks like some one tried to kick it in and door jam was cracked.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Chad L

Dear Chad L,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you experienced maintenance issues in your room. These have been dealt with. We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay & we look forward to seeing you again.