“No Frills, Seriously NO FRILLS”

Days Inn - Trois-Rivieres
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Trois-Rivieres
Reviewed 21 June 2015

So in planning a family trip to Toronto from the Atlantic region, I was looking for inexpensive, but positively reviewed hotels and the Days Inn Trois Riviere came in as a solid choice. My review is not going to be earth shatteringly different then anyone else's. It came in at about 110.00 with taxes which was not what was stated with the online booking I did, should have been closer to 90.00 with taxes, but 20$ is nothing to get in a flip about.
The clerk was great to humor us and speak english, we were checked in quickly even with a lobby full of baseball teams checking in for a local tournament ( yes we were concerned about the noise but it was not a factor).
Our room was not big. It was a 2 bedroom queen, with a tiny bathroom.
But it was cleaned and well taken care of.
The beds were very comfortable and after 12.5 hours in the car that day, very needed for a good night sleep. We didnt do much aside from go to dinner on the recommendation of the clerk and it was the perfect fit for us.
The complimentary breakfast was a great start, not a hot breakfast, but we made that 20$ back in bagels, juice and fresh fruit for 4.
It is across from a gas station and a tim hortons for a quick morning departure and right off the highway.
Overall for price, comfort, cleanliness this was a great stop over hotel and I will keep it in mind if we ever do this road trip again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on second floor to cut down on noise and the outside door banging.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 June 2015

No frills hotel. The price was excellent, the staff were polite and attentive. Didn't get a microwave in our room as promised but we made do as there was one in the common area. We were in town for a hockey tournament, they allowed the team parents to have the entire lounge area to watch an NHL playoff game and have a potluck dinner which was very kind. We would definitely return next year!

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 19 November 2014

One year later and we were happy to return to the Days Inn in Trois Rivieres. The carpets in the hallway were very clean and there were no bad smells. The lady working the reception desk was very helpful, efficient and welcoming. She even delivered a requested fold up mattress for us. Breakfast was perfect once again. This hotel continues to impress me with its good value and easy access to the highway. See you next year for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2014

I stayed here one night while in transit. Hotel staff were nice. The room was clean and basic but with comfortable beds and a nice flat screen TV. The decor is old fashioned and I could smell cigarette smoke in the hallways and stairwell but not in my room. The breakfast was decent and included in a small cafeteria. The coffee was not too good but there is a Tim Horton right across from the hotel if you prefer. The wi-fi is included and worked well in my room. The location is easy to get to right off the 40 and easy to get back on. The parking is also included. A great value considering all the inclusions! I will stay there again when I'm passing through in Trois-rivieres.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nadma
Reviewed 12 September 2014

If you are looking to stay in Trois Rivieres on a tight budget, this hotel should be your choice. The other option would be the new Super 8 next door. But why spend the extra $20 to $30? The rooms at the Days inn have been totally renovated and were very clean. They offer you a basic breakfast in the morning, and the staff happily answered any stupid tourist questions I had. What more could you ask for in a Budget hotel?

Now if you have money to burn, I would look closely at one of the downtown hotels in Trois-rivieres. We were just passing through and only stopped for the night, so didn't have much time to do much more than drive through the downtown. Its very nice! Historic! If I could do it again, I might have spent the extra money to stay downtown for the night. Give myself a couple hours to walk around before bed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family