“Petit Roi Quebec Canada”
Review of B&B Au Petit Roi

B&B Au Petit Roi
Ranked #36 of 120 Quebec City B&B and Inns
new vineyard maine
“Petit Roi Quebec Canada”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who would like a comfortable, safe, clean place to stay in Quebec City. The owner was polite and helpful, the room was clean and attractive, and the breakfast was excellent. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank paula s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We just returned from two nights at the charming Au Petit Roi, and were very happy with our experience. We stayed in the Royal Suite, which was comfortable and full of character. It was exactly as pictured in the photos on their website. The en suite bathroom was spacious and clean (as was the entire suite) and the bed was firm yet comfortable.

The B&B is perfectly located, just a short walk from Vieux Quebec. Close enough to walk anywhere you want to go within a few minutes, yet far enough away to be a peaceful respite after a day of walking and touring. There are tons of restaurants and interesting shops just a block away on Rue St. Jean.

The breakfasts were probably our least favorite part of our stay. No crepes or french toast while we were there, just very simple eggs with breads. The yogurt, fruit, and juice were delicious, though.

In all, a great value in a wonderful location!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roxci623
Sutton, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2011

First off -The day before I left I sent a confirmation email confirming our arrival and received no reponse. When we got there, my husband and I stood at the front door for 3 minutes after ringing the bell wondering if any one was home - anddiscussing where else we could find a place with no notice. Finally, the hostess arrives -says very little-I asked if she got the email and she said yes and shows us to our room - Very quaint! But the bathroom door and trim were black with months of hand prints and the toilet smelled of old urine. Another guest had complained to me of lack of clean towels and bed not made each day. While I was brushing my teeth I noticed the sink had a crack all the way up to the top and the figurines on the counter were both broken.The breakfast was vegetarian all three days( my husband was not happy about this) and was exactly the same day one and day three out of our 3 day stay . No Imagination! and terrible coffee! However the location was good and it was quiet . although our host was very pleasant when we spoke to him -No helpful hints or suggestions as other reviewwers had mentioned - perhaps that was the old owner. They are cash only (still charge you the taxes and don't give receipts unless you ask).This has not soured me on B&B's but I now know what I Don't want !

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marie77777_11
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 August 2011

I joined my husband who was at a conference that happened to be scheduled at the same time of the Quebec City summer festival. We stayed at Au Petit Roi and had an amazing time in Quebec. The hosts were so kind, friendly, great hospitality, and gave great advice about restaurants and things to do in the area. One block from the B&B is Rue St. Jean which is filled with restaurants, cafes, grocery store, ice cream/gelato shops and takes you to all of the Old (Vieux) Quebec sites. We had a car but didn’t use it the entire time. We just paid for parking which was only $5 per day. In terms of the B&B itself, breakfast was included and consisted of crepes, French toast, or eggs along with bread, fruit and yogurt, tea/coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice every morning. On our last night they cooked a delicious homemade Moroccan meal (which was much better than the restaurant we went to on our first night). The rooms are clean, inviting, and the location is unbeatable. We stayed in a suite on the first floor with private bath, living room area, and dining table that we only used the night we had the Moroccan couscous. The rooms also have a fridge and microwave. We travel frequently and never write reviews but we definitely love this B&B and we can't wait to come back to Quebec.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mcnmluv2travel
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My friend and I stayed for four nights. We had a shared bath and room in the back of the house on the third floor. The bed was very comfortable and the room was always nice and clean. The bath was always available when we needed it and the shower had lots of hot water and good pressure. The host was informative and very welcoming (in both French and English). The Breakfasts were amazing starting with yogurt and fruit with fresh squeezed juice and followed by eggs and bacon or crepes, with bagels and toast etc. There is also a shared fridge and microwave and toaster in case you want to eat something you found at the local shops. The B&B is a perfect location near lots of restaurants and shops that are used by more locals and a very short walk to the old city, and in the opposite direction to the museum and the plains of abraham. Its also very convenient to the free Cirque du Soleil. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends