All reviews free breakfast old quebec small room private parking breakfast room the air conditioning unit short stay on site parking queen size swimming pool minute walk recommend this hotel nice hotel stayed for nights canada chlorine taxis
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed here for the first weekend of the festival d'ete de Quebec. The hotel was very clean and parking was just across the street only $5 a night. The distance to downtown and the festival was a quick 15 mins bus right which was amazing. The gentleman who works the night shifts was incredibly nice to us and gave us lots of information as it was our first time in Quebec City. The hotel also offers breakfast and has yogurt, cereal and tea/coffee 24/7. Can't beat that! If we come back to Quebec City, we will definitely be booking here again :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2017

We really liked this hotel because we had a kitchenette and the room was spacious and clean. Beds were very comfortable which we needed after our long drive. We arrived around 10pm so we had to be buzzed in, but it was not a problem, there was a very nice lady at the front desk. She instructed us to park behind the hotel which is very nice that it has its own complementary parking, but I was a bit wary of leaving the car there overnight because it was a bit dark and it lead to a street with very little traffic and there were a few weird people walking around that area, but thankfully nothing happened. The only down side to our stay was that we were on the 3rd floor and our luggage was heavy so it was very difficult to haul it up. Besides that, our bathroom flooded when I took a shower because the curtain was put backwards and the water from the shower flooded the bathroom and all the way to the kitchenette which was scary when I saw it because I thought I would have to call them, but we put towels on top of it and it dried up. The pool we could not use as we arrived too late, which was a pity. But breakfast the next day was very good, with many options for being continental. Overall, I think I would stay again just keeping in mind to bring lighter luggage because the room was comfortable and it is very close to Old Quebec.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage or mobility issues ask for a room in the lowest level
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Hotel du Nord exceeded our initial expectations. Well renovated interior. Rooms exceptionally spacious, reasonably clean. ... Queen size beds comfortable... bedding spotless. Continental breakfast and breakfast room very good. Ev, the receptionist who greeted us upon arrival was the icing on the cake! Extremely helpful. Highly recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2016

It was our first trip to Canada in general and to French part in particular. Friendly staff met us with useful information about how interestingly to spend evening at their city, provided us convenient parking spot, gave us cozy room with beautiful window view. And in the morning we were given nice continental breakfast.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

My second time in this hotel..the hotel is located not too far from the old city..walking abou 30-40 min..driving 10 min..The hotel is very clean, staff very friendly and helpful..the hotel has been recently renovated..it also offers free breakfast..which is a bonus and it saves money..parking paid $5.00 a day..no elevator..but there is a pool..I would recomended this hotel in a heart beat..

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple