All reviews four points front desk spg points outdoor hot pool fire pit shuttle bus complimentary shuttle snow tubing spa services minute drive breakfast restaurant large closet the general manager adjoining rooms coffee table restaurant staff bath products
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Our son & daughter in law had booked 20 rooms for 2 nights and 5 rooms for 1 night for their planned wedding and reception. Unfortunately they had to cancel their wedding plans 25 days prior to the event.
When they notified the hotel, they were informed that they would be “penalized” (the hotel's words, not mine) for the full amount of the rooms and meal.
Since everyone attending lived, on average 800 km. away, most could not use the rooms.
10 people were still going to go to the hotel, as some had booked flights and others were skiing in the area prior to the weekend. We thought we would invite friends from the Ottawa area to enjoy a weekend in Quebec, since the rooms were paid for anyways.
To our surprise, at check-in, we were informed that the rooms we were paying for had been rebooked and were unavailable to us.
We requested a meeting with the General Manager, who seemed indifferent to our concerns. He told us “That’s the hotel business.” When we asked that the room charges be removed from the bill, we were informed that the contract allowed them to impose a penalty for cancellation within 30 days of the event. The contract did not stipulate that the hotel would deny us access to the rooms booked and paid for.
Any time I contacted the GM by either phone or email, his answer was always “I’ll have to look into this further and I’ll get back to you.”
Invariably, I never heard back from him.
The bottom line is: they not only received payment from us for rooms we had booked, but also received a second payment at a higher rate for the same rooms.
The “Penalty” may have been understandable if the hotel was losing revenue, but when the allocated rooms were rebooked, It seems like a cash grab.
I wonder if the General Public see this as just “the Hotel business” or perhaps double dipping?
Be very careful when booking an event here so that you don’t get burned.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank 2gk
Pierre L, Directeur général at Hotel Signature Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear Bri Mil,

I am saddened to read that you remain unhappy with the resolution of the situation that we had come to together upon your visit to the hotel.

Certainly both parties made concessions in resolving the situation, and upon your departure we were feeling that we had come to an amical resolution. As this seems to not be the case, I most sincerely apologize.

Wishing you all the best,

Pierre Letellier-Gagnon

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here March 17-19 while in town for a ski weekend at Stoneham. The location was very convenient as it is no more than a 15 minute drive to the hill. The outdoor hot pool was fantastic for apres-ski and our kids loved it!

We ate in the restaurant twice and thought the service and food was very good, including for the maple Sunday brunch.

The staff was generally friendly and helpful (only the girl at check didn't seem to go out of her way to make us feel welcome). My husband and I are both gold SPG members and used points to pay for the room. We weren't thrilled to be given the room right next to the elevator but it didn't turn out to be a problem as it was quiet and we didn't hear the elevator at all.

We will stay here again when we are back for a ski weekend next season!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Carole-Anne R, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Signature Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Hi Joanne M,

Thank you for your great comments. We're glad that you enjoy your stay with us and take time to appreciate our outdoor spa, Restaurant Le Dijon and have a good rest in your room.

We hope to see you back next ski season!
Best regards and have a nice day.

c.roberge@fourpointsquebec.com

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed three nights at this hotel and the prices were excellent. Great discounts if you have CAA. Plus they offered an suite upgrade for 50% off the usual upgrade price. The outside hot tub was outstanding, super clean and so large. They offered robes as well for your use. They have an restaurant on site, we had their buffet breakfast which was very nice. It was pricey at 24 per person but the variety of food was great. They have a spa on site as well. It a place that we will definitely stay at again. Also this hotel is about 15 min from old Quebec City and they have a shuttle that is free to take you into that part of the city.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tosh5502
Carole-Anne R, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Signature Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Hi Tosh5502,

Thank you for your great comments! We're glad that you enjoy your stay with us!
Hope to see you again soon!

Have a nice day!

Reviewed 23 February 2017

My honey and I decided to get away this year for Valentines - and what a good decision that was! (see my review of their restaurant!)
I have been to Quebec City many times before but this time really was awesome! We ate, we drank, we relaxed, we went snowmobiling (can you believe it???)
This place has everything - the rooms are so comfortable, and they have a spa where you can take a hot whirlpool outside in the middle of winter!! And for the first time in my life I tried snowmobiling - turns out it is lots and lots of fun!
I have to admit I was tired after the snowmobiling but we did go down for dinner to find a delicious valentines menu - so great - we can't wait to go back in summer to golf there!
Room Tip: Totally worth the extra $20.00 for the golf course view!!

Room Tip: Go for the golf course view!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi CosmoTime!

Thanks for your comments. We are very happy that you enjoy your stay for Valentines and try snowmobiling for the first time! It's true that we got a good spot for that.

Hope to see you again this summer and maybe on the golf court? :)

I wish you a good day!

Reviewed 21 January 2017

The rooms are tastefully decorated, beds were firm but comfortable. The rooms were fairly large as were the bathrooms. Our room smelled quite strongly of dirty feet that will need professional cleaning to fix and I mentioned it to the staff upon checking out. We spent such little time in the room that we were able to tolerate it instead of moving rooms. The rest of the hotel had a very perfumed smell which makes you wonder what they are masking. The shower was extremely difficult to regulate to a temperature below scalding. All rooms facing the city are suites while the rooms on the back side of the hotel are regular rooms. I did not use the spa, outdoor pools or the restaurant. Several of my travel companions did and they quite enjoyed it. A quick and easy drive will get you to the ski hills as well as downtown.

Room Tip: best views are the suites, regular rooms face the parking lot
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Hi Rtdunne,

Thanks for your comments. We are sorry about the smell in your room. Next time don't be shy to call us directly when you arrive, we could move you in a room next to the one you already have. Same thing for the shower, we have a maintenance guy who is always at the hotel to fix that kind of problem, next time call us it will be a pleasure to help you with that :) For the smell in the hotel, it's a standard of Starwood and all the Four Points By Sheraton in the world got the same smell.

Hope to see you again Rtdunne. I wish you a good day!