First, have to say "ditto" to the other comments: welcoming, no elevator, narrow stairs, no car access to the hotel (have to walk 25 feet up cobblestone street), comfy beds but small rooms, right in front of Chateau Frontenac, etc.
Some additional thoughts:
- Got a nice upgrade when celebrating our 20th anniversary in "Paris without the jetlag". Great!
- Breakfast included with the rate was very substantial and yummy.
- Doors were also hard to open so have to be relatively strong
- Furnishings were a mix of modern and antiques. Historic
- No long distance from room but front desk will sell you a cheap phone card if needed to make international calls.
- Parking is a short walk away off premises. Well disclosed in the hotel website. Not a very pleasant underground parking lot. If you're driving and traveling alone and need help with your bags, skip this hotel.
- Right in the mix of Quebec City so able to walk to main attractions of the Old Town.
- Heating/Air Conditioning system was hard to figure out. Loud and may keep you awake.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Auberge Place D'Armes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Auberge Place d`Armes Hotel Quebec City
- Auberge Place D'Armes Quebec/Quebec City