Auberge Place D'Armes
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Sainte-Anne(Quebec City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Manoir Morgan(Quebec City)
Hotel Clarendon(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Hotel Marie Rollet(Quebec City)
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
Manoir Sur-le-Cap(Quebec City)
1,703 results
All reviewschez julesno elevatorpain beniattic roomold quebecperfect locationpedestrian streetbreakfast was includedstone wallsadjoining restaurantsmall hotelflights of stairsmurphy bedboutique hotelmodern amenitiesthird floorlower town
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel was placed in a magnificent place in Place D'armes right in front of the Famous Chateau Frontenac, the hotel was very nice, perfect size and the beds where very comfortable my only complaints are that if you take an upper-floor room, carrying the bags might be a little tiring and the bathroom to small, but the staff was exceptionally good and the restaurant amazing for brakefast

Room Tip: my only advice, don't choose upper floor rooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
MichelleDore, Owner at Auberge Place D'Armes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Bonjour Santiago M
Merci for taking the time to send in your comments. We do have a unique location in the heart of Quebec on the only 2 pedestrians street. As the hotel is composed of 2 old very old buildings joined together rooms varies from one to the other in square feet but all have old period charm and modern amenities.
Should you wish to have a larger room at your next stay, just inquire at our front desk team ; we have different categories of rooms from small to oversize.
Our best asset is our team, devoted to our guests and their needs. They know their city and want to share it with you. . As you may have noticed, it is our policy to take the luggage to the room, and I can reassure you: nobody has to do it. Just to let you know, starting this week the check-in will be speed un and completely personalized in the privacy of your room with the use of an Ipad.
We are very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast in our restaurant le Pain Béni. In order to please our guests we offer more than 8 different warm or cold delicious choices.
Au plaisir de vous accueillir lors de votre prochaine visite à Québec!

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I visited QC for our mini-honeymoon. From the moment we entered the premises we knew it was going to be a great experience. We cannot say enough about the wonderful staff who made us feel so comfortable and welcome. Everything was perfect! We were welcomed by a bottle of really good sparkling wine to celebrate our honeymoon :)

I have to admit that I was prepared to be disappointed with the choice of vegan- friendly food in the city but to my surprise the in-house restaurant, Le Pain Beni- a very popular one, was where we ended up each night for dinner thanks to the wonderful Chef who made me feel not only accommodated but appreciated with his special off-the-menu vegan creations, including desserts. My husband, an omnivore, too relished them. The staff are very friendly and unpretentious which was refreshing. I cannot wait to go back to our charming little attic room at this gem of a B&B right across from Chateau Frontenac. Thank you Auberge Place d'Armes for making our time with you unforgettable.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank crazyforquaint

Bonjour Crazyforquaint

Merci, for taking your time to send us feedback on your stay. We are happy that you have chosen us for your mini-honeymoon and let us be a part of your souvenirs !
Combining 1730 old walls, modern amenities, hand made designer furniture and antiques give each of our rooms their unicity and soul.
I will definitely pass on your kind words to our team who work really hard, but with pleasure, to make sure our guests enjoy every seconds of their stay in Quebec city and feel <l’hospitalité québécoise>. Etienne the chef in second, was really happy to read your great words on his vegan creations !
Our team work hard to provide a unique stay for each of our guests and let them feel l’hospitalité Québécoise !
Au plaisir de vous accueillir lors de votre prochaine visite à Québec!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights and loved it.

We chose room 32, in the attic, facing the street and Chateau Frontenac. As other reviewers have said, there isn't an elevator and the stairs - especially the last set to the attic - are fairly narrow. We managed the stairs no problem, though, and I'm six months pregnant! The staff offered help with our bags as well, though we didn't take them up on it.

The decor is beautiful, the bed very comfortable with ample bedding, and the heated floors in the washroom were a bonus. The breakfast included in the rate was great - so nice to have a selection and the food was delicious.

The hotel's location is perfect for exploring Old Quebec, with it very easy to get to the Lower area (the stairs and Funiculaire are just steps away) and to Rue Saint-Jean, the main street in the Upper area. Lots of great restaurants and shops are very close by.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Old Quebec and would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: As others have said, the attic rooms are not as large as they may look in the photos, but this was not a drawback for us at all. We didn't need a big room and I would rather have a very charming, nicely decorated, comforbale smaller room than a big, sparse, uncomfortable room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dee565

Bonjour Dee565
Merci, for taking your time to send us feedback on your stay. We are happy that you have chosen us for your stay in Quebec and that you loved our so incredible location. In our renovations we have done our best to to save the old walls, while adding modern amenities like the bathroom heated floor to provide you a home away from home.

The Auberge is 2 old buildings joined together. The attic room, in which you where, is in the Renfrew building who was erected(1850), in Scotland bricks that came to Quebec as ballast in ships. This English period is reflected in the decor : red and white. Just to let you know, the ceiling of your room was made with the original wood floor. In our renovations we took them apart one by one, planed them add fire retardant and back on the ceiling !

I will definitely pass on your kind words to our team who work really hard, but with pleasure, to make sure our guests enjoy every seconds of their stay in Quebec city and feel <l’hospitalité québécoise>. The chef, Simon, was proud to read that you where pleased with breakfast !

Au plaisir de vous accueillir lors de votre prochaine visite à Québec !

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel in August and had the BEST experience. First of all...such a charming B&B. I loved all the unique touches. Our room opened up out onto the pedestrian street and we could open up the windows to hear musicians below, etc. Such a neat feature! The breakfasts at this place are the best I've had! SO filling. we didn't even need lunch! I can't imagine having better food at a bed and breakfast. This was tops! The location was perfect. An easy walk to anywhere you wanted to go. The staff was so friendly. I can't think of a single thing I'd change about the trip or this hotel. Just perfect! :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie R

Bonjour StephanieR
Merci, for taking your time to send us feedback on your stay We have done our best to save the old walls and windows while adding modern amenities to provide you a home away from home and give soul to our rooms ! I will definitely pass on your kind words to our team who work really hard, but with pleasure, to make sure our guests enjoy every seconds of their stay in Quebec city and feel <l’hospitalité québécoise>.
I will also pass to the Chef and his brigade your good words about breakfast, it is the most important meal of the day it must be good !
Au plaisir donc de vous vous accueillir à l’Auberge Place d’Armes lors de votre prochain séjour.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Room was a bit small. The chair is too small to use the work desk. It's difficult to get to the keyboard. Narrow stairway is a bit difficult to maneuver.

Having said that, the location is great. Crashed Ice practicing was going on while I was there. I could see the start of the course from my room as well as the Chateau. Walking to shopping and restaurants is close. The bath is modern and excellent. The shower has many nozzles. :).

Didn't get to try breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank John B

Bonjour JohnB
Merci and we really appreciate your feedback .With our unique location on the only pedestrian street in Upper Town it is so easy to walk all over the city and discover all the charms of Quebec city.
Should you wish to have a larger room at your next stay, just inquire at our front desk team ; we have different categories of rooms from european size to oversize as the loft overlooking the Château.
We also well noted your suggestion for the desk and the correction will be made

And if you ever come back to Quebec, il nous sera un plaisir de vous accueillir à l’Auberge Place d’Armes and hope that you will have time to enjoy our gourmet breakfast.
Michelle and Marc-Antoine Doré