All reviews old town room was clean hostel bathroom city
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

It was ok, but I wouldn't repeat if I would find another place for the same price.
It doesn't have the feeling of a hostel. Not for travelers who want to meet people.
It's in a nice area, 20' walking from old Quebec. Clean room but with old blankets, sheets, the kitchen and the stairs not so clean
The woman who is there is lovely. The man who cleans and cooks the pancakes for you is a weird man.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for 2 nights. The room and bathroom were clean. The kitchen/common area is not as the pictures, too small space to stay in a rainy day. Fridge and food of guest is a chaos! It needs organisation, in other hostels you have labels o baskets for your own food. Breakfast ok!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I spent 3 nights there. It is a 15 minute walk to the main railway station and around the corner from bars, restaurants and shops. Breakfast consisting of toast, pancakes and spreads included. The dining / kitchen / tv room is small. Most hostels have larger common areas. It can be a bit noisy. The manager is flexible, warm and friendly. I found the room clean. Towel hire is $1. I will stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2016

This was not the worst hostel I've stayed in but it was just a little bit strange. To begin with it was not overly clean- in terms of the kitchen/stairs/walls. Although the bathroom was very clean. We were in a room which overlooked the back walkway and it was very weird having the men that work and the hostel just chilling outside the window having a smoke whilst you were getting changed/in bed. The breakfast was pancakes, which is a good idea but the owner makes you them himself and you only get one! Which doesn't really fill you up! We wanted to leave our bags on the last day and the owner charged us, which we would not have minded but the bags were literally just left on the floor in the reception- no baggage room or anything so we found it odd that we were charged! It was not a bad hostel, we just did not feel overly comfortable here.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AAB520
Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

I would recommend staying at the Auberge Maeva, the hostel is like a big house and has a friendly atmosphere. I love that the hostel has a lounge area where you can watch tv or Netflix and mix with other travellers.

The rooms are super clean, and our room was quite big, we also had an en suite which also was really clean.

I really love that every morning breakfast is made for you, I think this adds a lovely touch, most other hostels either don't offer breakfast, or if they do, then you make it yourself and as I can't cook very well, usually means all I eat is toast and sometimes that's a bit hit and miss! The pancakes here are super yummy!!!

My only niggle about this hostel was that it was a bit chilly at times, but an extra blanket sorted that problem out!

I had a very enjoyable stay here and would definitely go back!

Date of stay: May 2016