Maison du Fort
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
US$ 238
US$ 205
  • Restaurant
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
US$ 201
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
US$ 148
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$ 205
US$ 237
US$ 218
  • Pool
Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
US$ 585
US$ 358
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmarielle royresident cathouse catnamed oscarold quebecquiet streeteach morningfresh baked goodsyogurttwo blocksbay windowhome away from homeshort walkdufferin terracetop floorperfect locationair conditioning
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This place made a first time visitor feel right at home. I live in northern VT and visit Montreal often and have explored the Eastern Townships region. I finally made it to Quebec City and learned of Maison du Fort through Trip Advisory. I won't look for another place for my return visit - this is the place for me. Fabulous location to walk to anyplace in the Old City and Lower Town, but tucked on a quiet and beautiful street. Marielle has created a warm and inviting atmosphere and an immaculate property. From coffee, tea, juice, and muffins and breads in the sitting room, to her two adorable cats, to her helpful hints on events, this was a joy. Room was nicely decorated, air conditioner quiet and well-maintained (which was welcome on a couple of unseasonably hot days), private bath spotless. Only negative was having to leave. But next time I'm headed to that beautiful city, I already KNOW where I'll stay.

Room Tip: They are each unique, (I believe there are 9 rooms), and some larger than others, I made my reservation by phone, but was on the Web site at the time. It features photos of the rooms. So Marielle's description and a look at the site should make picking the right room a snap.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Mike R
Reviewed 10 July 2012

At this price point, this was certainly the best hotel in which I've stayed. Maison du Fort is beautiful with an excellent location in Old Quebec. The ability to walk out the door and explore both Old Quebec and Lower Town was a true highlight. In fact, our car didn't leave the parking lot the entire visit. The only need for it was to see Montmorency Falls, so we just did that on our last day leaving town. The hotel's decor was great and the room was spotless. Maison du Fort is run by a lovely, cheerful woman named Marielle. She is very knowledgeable about the city and makes you feel right at home. She told us up front that the included breakfast was nothing special, however, it was perfect for us. Just top notch all around.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Justin C
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I (seniors) stayed at this remarkable little gem of a hotel and were overjoyed at the owner Marielle's fabulous ability to make her guests feel like loved friends and how beautifully she has decorated and maintained her immaculate hotel. Every detail is absolute perfection with quaint charming modern/ antique decor. Marielle even lovingly hand stitched and framed numbers for each unit door. The hotel is on a quiet, quaint street acouple of blocks from the harbour, shopping,restaurants and information centre. The bus/train central station is a 15 minute walk with great window shopping all the way.Free breakfast is delicious moist loaves,squares and muffins with a good quality juice and coffee. Marielle and the Maison du Fort are Canadian treasures.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SeniorsOttawa_Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed at the Maison du Fort--it is one of the most romantic hotels, fully equipped, centrally located and the proprietress was utterly charming. The room was spacious, bright and fully equipped with air conditioning and a modern bathroom. We would come here again

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 394mariam
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We had the fortune of staying at the Maison du Fort June 24th through the 29th. I can't begin to say how pleased we were with the beautiful appointed room we had. Hardwood floors that you could eat off, clean bathroom and very comfortable beds all gave this room the charm and character we were looking for. Marielle Roy was a personable, pleasant, charming woman who greeted us upon arrival and sat with us each morning for coffee and tea with freah baked muffins in the sitting room. Marielle gave us great advise as to where to go for dinner, and each place was better than the last. Her charm and wonderful smile was a pleasure to us all.
The hotel is in a great location to walk to shops and restaurants. You won't have any bad experience staying at the Maison du Fort. Clean you can't imagine how clean!
If ever looking for a place to stay, I would greatly recommend the Maison du Fort. If we return we will surely be staying there no doubt.

Room Tip: Either room you choose would be great. We had room 6 with 2 beds full bath and very nice and clean.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends