In looking for a quaint place to get away for a few days, my friend found this delightful hotel right smack in the middle of Vieux Quebec and walking distance to everything which was good considering we flew in and had no car. Marielle Roy, our hostess was superbly attentive and knowledgeable about the areas attractions. The rooms are tastefully decorated with an eye to the period of the hotel and humor in the feline theme. To say the entire place was immaculate is an understatement and her two "chats" are discreet and inobstrusive. .. It felt like home away from home. We enjoyed our visit immensely and Marielle's sunny personality, un délice de cisaillement. Definitely would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps away from the Citadel, Chateau Frontenac, the Governor's Garden, the Dufferin Terrace, historical sites and the Convention Center, Maison du Fort offers the charm and elegance of its almost two centuries old home including modern comfort.This Georgian style house was built in 1851 by Charles Baillarge, architect. An ideal location for travelers interested in unforgettable attractions for the Old Quebec City. History lovers will appreciate our many museums and 19th century streets. Excellent restaurants in the area are available for all gourmet eaters; shoppers will enjoy nearby boutiques and galleries.European atmosphere and fine service await you at Maison du Fort... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Maison du Fort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Du Fort Hotel Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec City
- Maison Du Fort Quebec/Quebec City