“Great stay with excellent service!”
Review of Hotel Le Priori

Hotel Le Priori
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Levis, Canada
“Great stay with excellent service!”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel in order to attend my sister's wedding. The whole family did. It was a fantastic experience. The rooms are beautiful (although some are a little small) and the suites are amazing. The staff was wonderful, helpful and saved the day when we almost forgot the bouquets on the way to the wedding. The cobblestones at the back were a little icy, but I have no complaints about this hotel. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear kimie320,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Your positive feedback on our staff is greatly appreciated. At Hotel Le Priori, we all make our best to offer the best stay possible to all our guests.
I am sorry that you found our backyard a little bit icy. We were undergoing major renovations this winter and it affected our maintenance program. This is now over and we are getting ready for the sunny season : Toast! restaurant will set soon its tables outside!

On the behalf of the staff, I thank you for your recommandation : this is for us a great reward.

We hope to welcome you soon at Hotel Le Priori.

Best Regards,

Erwan Franchet
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
guelph
Reviewed 22 February 2012

we were attending a family wedding.found the rooms to be very clean with an unusual mix of old and new charm .fascinating architecture with good use of space.Has very large windows.Staff were extremely helpful and very attentive to our needs.(they made sure we didn't drive away without the flowers)Breakfast was very good and not the usual fruit/croissants.Our view was of cobble streets and a partial water view.This hotel is close to the museum,art and clothing stores,and numerous restaurants.A 10 min. walk to Le Chateau, the ferry and the train station.Much to see and do!

Room Tip: pick an upgrade for a larger room and especially if you have children.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 4mom4
toronto
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I took my girlfriend to Quebecfor the opening of winter carnival 2012. We loved our stay at the hotel and our time in Old Quebec. The hotel is in the heart of the old city. The rooms are comfortable and the suites like the one we stayed at was beautiful.
Le Priori is a hidden gem, and made our stay such a special one.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank sanichute
New York
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Le Priori's staff elevates a fine hotel to an excellent experience, and even in the intimate, personalized realm of boutique and design hotels, the staff is unparalleled.

The hotel's location, as other reviewers note, is perfect. The William Suite is enormous, larger than its description or photos can capture. The bathroom's tub and shower both easily hold two, and both bedroom and downstairs living area are comfortably, tastefully furnished. The building's storied architectural appeal is complimented, rather than confused, by the suite's modern design and decor.

Toast not only serves an elaborate breakfast spread (with fresh dishes and piping-hot pastries being ushered from table to table, before taking their place at the buffet), but the most creative (playful, even) small-plate menu based on Quebecois cuisine I experienced in either QC or Montreal.

A late-night/early-morning issue was resolved by the staff without the slightest delay, and with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. A question from the previous day, despite a full staff turnover, was addressed with gusto the following morning, with reception and management not only knowledgeable but incredibly helpful. Despite my limited aptitude in French, the entire staff engaged in English enthusiastically and graciously. Especially helpful, both in person and via email before and after, was manager Erwan.

In short, Le Priori would make for a fine stay in Quebec City even with the occasional hiccup in service, but there were none. Quite the contrary.

Room Tip: The Williams Suite is so reasonably-priced, for its spaciousness and amenities, I would insist on it...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Andrew W
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 February 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Le Priori the first weekend of this year's Winter Festival. From start to finish our stay was wonderful. The location is perfect if you want to emmerse yourself in the old charm of Quebec. The price (especially during the crowded festival) was incredibly low. The staff bent over backwards to be accomodating and the room was spotless.

We arrived, after driving through the night in some terrible snowy/icy conditions. We got in around 11:30am well before check in but figured we'd at least drop our bags off. I gave my pleasantries in French (1 year of HS French paying dividends). From then on out all staff graciously spoke to me in English. To our surprise our room was ready and we were allowed to check in nice and early. Considering the conditions outside and our depraved sleep state this was a welcome godsend.

I was given a parking pass to the lot down the road (parking was included...$20/day value), which unfortunately did not work, so I used my credit card to get in to the lot. When I got back in and explained the situation I was told that I'd be credited anything I had to pay out of my own pocket. At check out, without ever bringing it back up, $20 was taken off of my bill. I was issued a new parking pass the next day which worked for the rest of the weekend.

We got a room with a claw foot tub. Not much of a bath guy, but I'd strongly reccomend this option to anyone staying at the hotel. So relaxing!

On our way out that night we stopped by the front desk and made reservations at "Toast" the restaurant connected to the hotel. Again, highly recommend going here. Although a bit pricier of a meal than I'm used to it was on my Top 3 meals of all time list...'nuff said.

Breakfast was also included in our room price so we took advantage of this every morning. Nothing overly exciting but for free it was great. Way more than you get at most complimentary breakfast buffets.

We were offered hand warmers every morning on our way out for the day of festivities. A nice touch from an already wonderful staff.

I could really ramble on and on, but if you are looking for a "home-y" place at a reasonable price in a great location filled with outgoing personable staff (and who isn't??), than stay here next time you're in Quebec!

Room Tip: Claw foot tub in room!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple