“Wonderful hotel at a great value”

Hotel Le Bonne Entente
Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Wonderful hotel at a great value”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This was my first stay at this hotel. I usually stay at the hilton downtown, but my last several hilton experiences have been terrible, so I thought I would follow the suggestion of colleagues and try this hotel.

What a great experience. From checking in where I was treated very nicely by the gentleman checking me in and even suggesting a different room, to the bartender who tolerated my terrible french and spoke to me in English thereafter, to the rooms themselves that were superb. The steam sauna in my shower made me want to never check out and the bed was awesome.

Rates were quite reasonable and when it came time to check out, I did not want to leave.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank gdcxmd
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Good afternoon, on behalf of the General Manager, Alain April, and the entire team of the Chateau Bonne Entente, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are a source of motivation for us. If you stay often in Quebec, we have a corporate program name Plume d'Or, do not hesitate to call me to have more details. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Pascale Banville
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about 10-15 times in the last few years. I am a District manager and I have tried so many different hotels for work. I would say at least over 50 different one. Chateau Bonne Entente has been the best hotel I have stayed at! This is quite an achievement. I always use this hotel as a reference and recommended it to so many. They all have been very impressed.
There are so many little extra things that they do right which you don't see anywhere else. My usual room in terms of value for the money is the Terzo. It feature everything that you need and is modern at the same time. It's very well appointed!
But my favorite is the Urbania Suite. Wow! Absolutely incredible! The room is great in itself but it's all that comes with it that makes it a unique experience. (Champagne, 5 @ 7, Strawberries & Chocolate, private lounge, etc.)
While this hotel is not right downtown, I appreciate it even more since it attracts mostly business clients. The clientele is a lot more quieter. So I can drive downtown in a few minutes if I wish, but I know that I will come back to a quiet hotel at night.
I have now changed district and will have to visit Québec city at least once or twice a month. I am hoping to get the Plume D'or Status so it will make this hotel even more attractive to me.
Thank you Chateau Bonne Entente!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexP81
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you so much for your nice comments that I will gladly share with our colleagues.

To get the Plume d'Or status, you need to fill out a form. Did someone give it to you at the front desk when you checked out? If not, would you mind calling me at 1 800 230-7530, it will be my pleasure to send you the information about this corporate program.

We are confident that you will be a good ambassador for us, please keep on doing.
We look forward to seeing you soon at the BE.

Have a great day.

Longueuil, Qc, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Château Bonne Entente is my favorite hotel in Quebec City. I've been there for business reasons and as a love's escapade and every times I've been delighted. The price is a little above the market price in the Quebec city area but it worth it completely. The restaurants are serving meals that meet the highest standards and the staff is particularely attentive to the client's needs. I recommend without any hesitations!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 2 April 2012

We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Easter!

Quebec
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We have stayed at the Chateau Bonne Entente about 16 times since August 2010. The last time was January 2012. We absolutely love this hotel. We have stayed there in the summer and the winter. The staff are extremely pleasant and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and have everything you could ask for. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and well managed. I highly recommend this hotel. We have gone there with friends who would not hesitate to go again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
On behalf of the General Manager, Alain April, and the entire team of the Chateau Bonne Entente, we would like to thank you for this wonderful review. Your kind words will go a long way to validate their hard work and inspire them to continue on in their quest to provide the quality customer service our guest expect and deserve.

Thank you so much for having visited us 16 times since August 2010. We truly appreciate it.
We understand that you are a good ambassador, please keep on doing. It is always a pleasure to welcome you at the BE!

Montreal
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Second year in a row staying here in an Urbania suite, kind of their boutique/suite hotel within the hotel. Perfect for ou needs. 4 of us with kids and the expensive room gives us enough space. Also nice that the bedroom as a king for the parents and a double for the kids. Room design is modern and tasteful, and housekeeping one of the best I've seen. Spotless. The Red Lounge exclusive for Urbania guests is also cool with the nice complimentary breakfast (although staff could replenish the dishes more regularly). Finally, location was great for us. Although not in Québec City proper, it is right smack in between Ancienne-Lorette, Cap-Rouge and Québec, all places where the family members we visit live. So, kind of our base station there!

Room Tip: In Urbania, ask for 2nd or 3rd floor to reduce parking lot noise, although not excessive. And the el...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Good morning, On behalf of the General Manager and the entire team of the Chateau Bonne Entente, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are a source of motivation for us. Be assure that a follow-up was done as soon we received your comment about the replenish of the dishes in the Living Rouge. We look forward to seeing you soon. Have a great day. Pascale Banville