“don't go there in 2012”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec
Ranked #42 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I'm a Delta Privilege Platinum + member, and unfortunately this is the worst stay at any Delta Hotels I have stayed at, and beside Winnipeg and Trois-Riviere location, I have stayed at all other properties. First at time of reservation they didn't tell me regarding the extensive renovations going on at that property, that the pool was closed. On top of that room faced construction and was noisy as early as 7am. Seems a long way to go before they're ready to "fully" accept guests and provide them with level of service that usually I find in the Delta brand. But the price remains the same... Pool is close but you can use the one "next" door at Hilton. First it's not really next door, and in middle of February I don't feel like running around in the cold after coming out of the pool. When I checked in and was told about those renovations, I wanted to cancel my reservation, but they told me that I couldn't because it was past the cancellation deadline of 4pm. So don't go until at least late in the fall of 2012, and hopefully by than the construction is done.

Room Tip: wait until after renovation are done.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

I will begin with my sincerest apologies for the situation that occurred during your stay at the Delta Québec. I would like to assure you that starting renovation is not a recurring situation in our establishment. Your critic was eye-opening on a light mishandle in our procedures that was changed in the moment we received your constructive comment. I thank you again for your helpful advice as it helped our team to improve itself. We are glad to propose the Hilton’s facility, that be reached with our tunnel, connecting both hotels and the Convention Center, without going out, even in February! As always, we would love to welcome you back under our roof for your next visit to the charming Quebec City and show you our improvements.

Stéphane Guy

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec

Reviewed 8 March 2012

|Great staff especially in the Club Lounge. Club has great food breakfast/evenings but cash/honor bar for Alcohol when open. Excellent food at the restaurant or room service. Rooms a bit weathered but typical for older downtown hotels. King Club room a bit small but adequate w/ a nice sized bath. Rooms & common areas very clean. In room A/C units can be noisy. Fairly secure parking underground. Great location just a 8 min walk from the walls of the old city. Too bad the Hilton blocks any good views of the old city. Good location for personal or business stays.

Good recognition for Delta Priviledge Plat members...looking fwd to going back as Plat+

Room Tip: Arrive before City rush hour 4-530pm as traffic can be heavy. If you have lots of luggage drop at lo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TM643
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Good day,

We would like to thank you for your personal view of your stay at the Delta Québec. In fact, this comment will definitely help our improvement toward the future. Furthermore, we have sent forward your comment to the leadership team, as your satisfaction is our top priority, at any time. It was a pleasure to be your host in the marvellous Quebec City, and we would love to welcome you again in your next trip to the capital of Quebec, in our new Delta Quebec Hotel, as our hotel is going through major renovations.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

First of all, here's a tip for Delta hotels: subscribe to the privilege program. It will give you free Internet in the room and some perks if you plan to stay in any of the chain's hotel. Best of all: it's free.

The Delta Quebec is probably the best Delta I have stayed at. I go to Quebec city every month and always stay there because of it's location.
On the positive side: the beds are very confortable, the rooms are quite big, the staff is excellent.
On the negative side: it's about time they finish renovating the rooms. The older rooms, while clean, are decorated in 80's fashion. There's is only wired internet.

I'm pretty sure the hotel is working hard to finish the renovating job, and I've seen some evolution in my past trips. For example, last time I went, they had replaced the old TV set by a flat screen. Not a big perk, but at least it's a start. The rooms themselves are supposed to be completely changed at the end of spring. I hope they work on the lobby area and the elevators as well, which are also outdated.

Another suggestion would be to offer wi-fi for the Internet access. I believe it's the only hotel in Quebec I've stayed at that doesn't offer it. Not that I mind wired, since I have a laptop with a network connection, but I can see that being an issue with Ipad or other tablets which don't have a wired connection.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Good day,

First of all, I would like to personally thank you for the time you took for the comments you wrote about your stay at the Delta Québec. Be sure that your comments have been sent forward to the leadership team of the hotel and will be taken into consideration. Your opinion is important for our establishment and provides us with helpful hints about what we can do to improve the quality of our product and services. As a fact, we have started our major renovations to keep up with our customer’s expectations. Your satisfaction is the goal we are always trying to reach, as we are looking forward to be your host once again on your next visit in our gorgeous city of Quebec.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and it was alright. I had paid $233 for the room, which did not include the parking which was an additional $24 for 24 hours. The location of the hotel was ok. It was right between old Quebec City where the shops are and where the trendy restaurants are. The room was outdated and I was on the highest floor (5th) of the hotel with one of the better views. I was just disappointed as the building is a high building but anything above the 5th floor was offices so it was deceiving. The rooms were outdated, there was no wifi, parking was expensive. Overall, I would only stay here again if it was really cheap. I found we could have had better location or views or amenities elsewhere. Internet in the room is $10.99 FYI.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Good day,

We thank you for the time taken to bring to us this situation. We would like to apologize for the situation that happened during your stay in the Delta Québec, however, I would like to answer some misunderstands. Our hotel is shared with governmental offices, but we occupy the first twelve (12) levels of the building which we owned. Your personal view of you stay in our establishment was brought to the leadership team and we are pleased to announce that the Wi-Fi Internet access will be connected in the whole hotel for free on April 1st 2012, Thank you again for your opinion, and we would love to host you again on your next visit of the lively Quebec City and to make you live the Delta experience up to your expectations, in our new establishment, as we are into major renovations.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

The location was great and staff was very friendly, probably the friendliest I have ever encountered. My room left a bit to be desired - view was nice but the room was very dated. I had hoped I would get one of the renovated rooms since I had a Delta privilege card but no luck on that front. It looked like renovations had begun in my room as the front of the sink area was missing part of the countertop. The bed mattress set was on the floor with no legs or very short legs (I didn't look) so the bed was extremely low, bed was very old but comfortable. TV was extremely old - no flat screen here and there was a charge of 11.00 a day for internet or you could use the business centre for 15 minutes. Walls were paper-thin - I could hear everything in both rooms on both sides of me and in the hall.

I didn't do breakfast in the restaurant (I avoid expensive hotel breakfasts) but we did eat lunch. Lunch had a table d'hote for 17.99 that was FABULOUS!!!!

I would return as they give aeroplan points and they are very well located close to old Quebec and the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
SHG62, General Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012