“Disappointing”

GreenLeadersGold level
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

seriously, I dont know how they got 4 star rating! I stayed for 4 nights there and it just did not feel 4 stars to me at all! 3 stars might be fare to them.

the building and how its organized, designed and the need for renovations just not that much at all!

however, The best WASHROOM I have seen in Canada so far! big shower place and well renovated.

You have to pay 20 dollars to park your car, however I suggest to park it in the parking-lots around the hotel, it is cheaper and not far.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed we did not meet your expectations. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. On the other hand, it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our Executive Rooms and their bathroom equipped with deluxe glass shower. These newly renovated rooms include the advantage of being located in private sections of the hotel. Again, we appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable one.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
ma
Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed there one night. The room is in a bad location near the lobby and noise level is high. The hotel is far from the old town. You have to walk long distance to get there. Every thing looks old in the hotel. The lobby is small and feel crowed. An everage hotel. You better chose a newer hotel further away and drive to town or spend more to stay inside the old city.

Stayed June 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. I am glad that you mentioned we are not located in the Old Quebec. In fact, according to Google Maps, the walk to reach the walls of the old city is 1.3 kilometers long and in part uphill. It takes about 20 minutes to reach the walls of the Old City from our hotel and less than 15 minutes for the return. We invite TripAdvisor travelers to review our hotel location prior to completing the booking process since our hotel is located in Quebec City Lower Town (trendy Nouvo St-Roch district) within walking distance going uphill to Quebec Historic Old City. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Quebec City.
Yellowknife, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed here for 1 night. Hotel staff courteous and helpful with requests. Room standard and clean. It's just a short walk to all of the sights of Old Quebec.

The room I was in was on the main floor next to the main desk down a corridor lined with baggage carts. It felt a bit like walking to the servant's quarters and there was a bit of noise earlier in the night from people in the lobby (or bar perhaps) but was quiet by bedtime.

Overall a good hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank greatslave
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Center. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We have 15 rooms located on the ground floor and, as mentioned in your review, we do everything possible to ensure that our clients staying on this floor enjoy the same quiet sleeping atmosphere that they would on other floors. Otherwise, we invite TripAdvisor readers to note that it will always be a pleasure for our front desk clerks to note the preferences of our guests concerning the location of their rooms upon reservation or check in. We will always do our best to meet your these requests as far as availability allows us to do so. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and I am sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again with your family the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Morinville, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Best Western Plus Quebec City with several colleagues late May for a week. The hotel is listed as being Downtown (centre ville) but is not really conveniently located. The rooms are decent although the furniture in the room - despite being modern - seemed to be scuffed up pretty badly and could use some repairs. The carpet also had many noticeable stains. Beds were fairly comfortable with many good size pillows. The bathroom was spacious and the shower worked really well.

Housekeeping was a little disappointing. Upon arrival, I noticed that the desk was visibly dirty and found garbage on the floor, the mirror also had obvious hand prints. Despite informing the front desk, it too 2 days to have this corrected. On subsequent days, coffee was not restocked or garbage cans not emptied. I feel like they didn't care.

The only parking available is through the valet and costs $20/day (plus tip) and requires about 15 minute notice to have your car.

While I didn't get to enjoy the pool, the gym is very small and extremely warm, it would be impractical for more than 2 people to use it at the same time.

While I didn't mind this hotel for this business trip, I would lean toward trying somewhere else on future trips. Had housekeeping done a better job, I would have given this a 4 star rating.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them on TripAdvisor and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and services that you were expecting. I investigated your comments and the necessary measures were taken to ensure the concerned departments are aware of them. It is with comments such as yours that we are able to continually improve our services. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus City Centre the next time you are in Québec City. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable one.
Sincerely yours,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Very solid 3 star hotel. Decent enough location for the price as it's a 15 minute walk to the old town or $8 cab ride. Quiet rooms, friendly staff. $20 valet parking. Great restaurants nearby. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaKuFL
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western City Center. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Our property will be very appropriate for people who would like to truly live Quebec City since, even if we are less than 1 kilometer from the main touristic area, our neighborhood the Nouvo St-Roch is the old working class neighborhood now reborn as centerstage for the city’s artistic events and as a cultural hub. Again, thank you for these most generous comments. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we are sincerely happy to know that you may visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City.