This is an well designed, stylish hotel, with helpful and professional staff. It's located in the lower town in a restored building, and is just steps away from great restaurants, art galleries, and the historic port area. There are two styles of room decor: "Vintage Modern" and "Classic Contemporary." We had a Vintage Modern room and it was on a high floor, so we had excellent views of the St. Lawrence River and the port district. The room (Superior class) was comfortable, although not particularly large, but with a high ceiling and large windows. There's plenty of light during the day, a little dim at night due to the dark-painted ceiling and indirect lighting. There is, however, a bright reading lamp over the easy chair. They provide a modern-style desk and flat-screen TV installation, with free wi-fi and adequate power outlets for laptop, phone chargers, etc. The bathroom was large with a glass shower enclosure. Note that some rooms have a shower only; others have a bath/shower. The room was very quiet at night, probably helped by the heavy construction typical of the older buildings in this district.
An elaborate continental breakfast is included every day, with a sumptuous variety of croissants & breads, fruits, cheeses, cereals, etc. and a wonderful automatic espresso/cappuccino machine. (The latter is available for the guests' use all day.) We enjoyed having breakfast on the outdoor patio in the rear of the building. The staff was courteous and knowledgable with restaurant advice and related information. We will visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City