The hotel is a relaxing and beautiful experience. The continental breakfast had lots of delicious selections, the staff were attentive and very friendly; we could sit on comfortable sofas or at largish 'communal' table in tasteful surroundings. Espresso coffee was freely available all day in the lounge/breakfast area as well as in the room.The day we left at 7am the staff provided a take-out box for us to select our breakfast and take with us. The beds were very comfortable and luxurious. But the best feature was the professional, friendly service of the staff - I left garments in an hotel in another city and the concierges dealt with that on my behalf (I don't speak French) until they were sure that my property would be returned to me (ie they didn't give up easily!). All staff were bi-lingual (at least!) and delightful - as were most people we encountered in Quebec. The location of the hotel is perfect - in the old port, not far from the funicular (or a strenuous but short walk to the old city), lots of restaurants and great shopping - and close also to the tourist centre of the old city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The neighbourhood that saw the birth of Quebec. The hotel was inaugurated in 1997 in the former office building of Dominion Fish & Fruit Limited, erected in 1912, and enjoys an enviable location on Saint-Pierre Street in the heart of Quebec City's historic Old Port district. The hotel possesses the elegance, comfort and refinement that are distinctive to all Le Germain Boutique-Hotels. Although completely renovated, it still exudes the charm of yesteryear, thanks to efforts to preserve its historic character. Somehow, the hotel has a soul, and it's this in particular that attracts guests. Relaxing Comfort In Serene Surroundings. The rooms, where meticulous attention to detail reigns, each deliver a slice of history. Guests will nevertheless find that the design and amenities have a modern feel, allowing them to fully enjoy a relaxing oasis in the heart of a neighbourhood as picturesque as it is lively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Le Germain Quebec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dominion 1912 Hotel
- Dominion 1912 Quebec City
- Hotel Le Germain Quebec Quebec City