1,698 results
All reviews oldest hotel jazz bar great location old quebec live jazz city hall rooms are small chateau frontenac valet parking an older hotel within walking distance old world charm two double beds concierge desk central location charming hotel high ceilings
Reviewed 23 March 2018

This was a terrific property in the middle of everything that Quebec has to offer! There was great restaurants, shopping, and entertainment within short walking distance of the hotel. I do not believe we had to drive anywhere after we parked the car at the hotel. Which by the way does charge for parking. The hotel itself was older but the charm was worth it! The room itself was nice and clean but was certainly dated. TV in Canada is terrible but that is no fault of the hotel and who spends time watching tv in a hotel on a trip anyway. The bathroom was pretty dated and small but that is to be expected in a more senior property. Everything considered I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the elevator it was pretty loud.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mick751
Ève B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Clarendon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Mick751,

Many thanks for evaluating your most recent trip at the Clarendon! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your reservation with us to its full potential. A lot of efforts have been invested to update the general experience of our customers and we are proud of the result achieved.

Thanks again for sharing your toughts, we hope to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Great jazz night twice a week, though the bar is pretty pricey in terms of drinks. Valet parking with in and out privileges, which is good for the area that doesn't have a lot of parking. We paid about $150 for the night which was a good price. Rooms are a bit small, but fantastic views if you face the Parliament. Location is very central, walking distance to pretty much anything you want to see.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ève B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Clarendon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear JamesSPC,

We thank you for sharing your toughts about your most recent reservation at the Clarendon! We are thrilled to hear that you tried pretty much everything the Clarendon has to offer. Our jazz nights, which represent a tradition ongoing for approximately 30 years, is the designated activity to complete a relaxing weekend. What's better than having a drink (or more) and listening to a live jazz band on a cold winter evening? :)

Many thanks for sharing your impressions with us and all travelers, we hope to welcome you again in a near future!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This hotel is located in the very center of Old Quebec City. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very nice. The best thing about this hotel was its' location. Very near to all the sights of Old Quebec City. This old hotel has a lot of charm and the management were very helpful with everything. On weekends, there is a live jazz band.

Room Tip: Mid size or business rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Joe M,

Many thanks for sharing your positive impressions about your most recent reservation at the Clarendon! We are really happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at our place.

A lot of effort was put into restoring our historic building with a sense of modernity and at the same time, by preserving the historic charm we are reknowned for. Presenting all the conveniences necessary for the modern traveler, within the distinctive ambiance of the early 20th century, we made a point of honor to create for all our travelers a peaceful, comfortable and historic environment.

Thanks again for your evaluation, we sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a near future!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed fire 3 nights in a king executive suite corner room. Oliver at the valley/ concierge desk was so helpful and pleasant, even left a postcard and post-it in my bag wishing me a great day while I went to get coffee :-) it made my day!!! I was given a list of so many things to see/ do and eat at, I didn't even get it all done, as I had to work too, but I am already planning my trip back and I haven't checked out yet. Thanks for making the satay so great to everyone, and I look to forward to coming back soon!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Ève B, Front Office Manager at Hotel Clarendon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Kimberly H,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Clarendon! Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we are thrilled to hear your satisfaction toward our team. It will be with great pleasure that I'll share your message with our concierge :)

Thanks again for sharing your toughts, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

A well established and classic Quebec City hallmark hotel. Decently priced and excellently located in the heart of the old city, inside the walls. Lobby is elegant with finished off with wood and marble. Rooms modern.

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Andrew R,

Thank you very much for reviewing your most recent reservation at the Clarendon! We are happy to hear that your time at our property fulfilled your expectations. A lot of efforts have been invested within our rooms, in order to increment the comfort of our guests.

Thanks again for your comments, we hope to see you again in the future!