All reviews close to the airport stayed days your luggage beds were very comfortable nice room old quebec city parking french
Reviewed 21 July 2015

We stayed here to catch an early-morning flight at the nearby airport.

Room was clean, beds were very comfortable.

We chose this hotel for convenience, and airport shuttle service, but apparently the shuttle service isn't 24-hrs. They kindly arranged a taxi pick-up for 4:30 am (flight at 6:30 am) it cost us $12.

Breakfast of course wasn't ready at 4:30 am however the night staff was already putting out food, and let me grab a couple of bananas, which was great.

Very friendly staff, both at night and the next morning.

There is a very large hot tub, which we tried. It was nice enough, but over-chlorinated. We opened the patio doors to air out the place, but we couldn't stop coughing, so we had to leave after 5 minutes. Too bad...

Wifi in room was very week, we had to step out into the hallway to send/receive messages.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
HoJoQuebec, Propriétaire at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2016

Dear Valued Client,

We appreciate your comments.
We have limited free shuttle from 7;30 to 5 pm each day.
Our buffet breakfast starts at 6am till 10am, but when we have early flights
the night staff will supply muffins , fruit , cofffee , toast etc..
As for the WIFI , we have fixed the problem by increasing our Bandwith to 200. This
the maximum provided by our internet provider. This also happens when hotel is full
only so much bandwith.
Our spa do not use chlorination for our spa , we use bromine, but understand sometimes we ahve so many clients using the spa during high , we may tend to use more chemicals.We apologize and we have rectified this process.

Hope to you soon.

Owner

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Our family of four arrived late (midnight) to the area with no reservation and checked with a neighboring hotel on prices - they wanted $135!!!!! We popped next door to the Howard Johnson and paid a very reasonable $85 for a clean room, great night's sleep and simple but acceptable continental breakfast. We would absolutely recommend this place to other families traveling on a budget.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank mommamac55

Dear Valued client,

Thank you for you comments .We appreciate your business.
We you enjoyed the spa and free WIFI.
We try to offer great value and friendly service.

The owner

Reviewed 28 May 2015

The hotel is showing its age a bit (sink was cracked, grout in corners was dark) but overall it was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the towels were thick. The lack of sand-and-hair-infested carpet was a nice change underfoot. The front desk staff spoke and English and didn't laugh at my mangled French.

The only downside to my stay was at breakfast. There is a selection of breads for toasting and some cereal and small muffins but I was hoping for a more Quebec flavour in a pastry selection. When I went to the dining area for a drink at 6:30 everything was stocked. When I came back at 9:30 the muffin and bread racks were almost empty so if you're counting on breakfast, make sure you go early. The hotel uses dinnerware. It was nice to use a real glass and not see a pile of disposable plates etc in the garbage.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank bakerkindy73

Dear Valued client,

Thank you for comments , they are very insightful.
We modified our service later during the high season by opening up a second breakfast room and avoiding the congestion and lack of stocking the breakfast bar.
These comments will make us better.I am also gald you comments
corncerining our dinnerware. I pride myself on not destroying the eviromement with foam and plastic plates.We also use eco friendly soap for the dishes.
We also recycle all soap and shampoo from the rooms.
We have also changed 25% off rooms to non carpeted rooms with very ecofriendly
ruberized laminate floor.

Thank

The owner

Reviewed 5 May 2015 via mobile

Where do I even begin? We arrived after a long day of driving and she didn't have our reservation, that was ok, she got us a room and we hauled our stuff up a narrow staircase (there is no elevator) and proceeded to our room. On first glance when we opened the door the room looked quite nice, but it was so warm, the air conditioning was completely broken, the bed was no exaggeration like sleeping on a piece of wood, no softness or anything to it at all. I have never laid on a harder more uncomfortable mattress, it was unbearable and I got essentially no sleep. Also, it looked as if we had a conjoining room, when investigated the door was open and led to a meeting/eating area and we were unable to lock the door, it was a key lock only, so to avoid someone entering my Room from what looks like a room that was set up for breakfast the next day, I was forced to move one of the club chairs in my room up against the door and spend the night paranoid. Also, we went to the hottub to soak before bed and I was in it about 15 seconds it smelled so bad down there like must and not like chlorine I didn't feel as if it were clean and safe to be in the hottub.
Worse night of my life and I would NEVER stay here again.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Client,

I am very sorry to hear of your experince at our hotel.
We pride ourselves on having great clean comfortable rooms with
friendly service at a great price.
I know exactly which room you had and have since simply fixed the problem
by locking the connecting door.This a corporate room with connecting meeting room.Very popular and is considered a suite.
We ask clients to sometimes help us by contacting the front desk and letting us know
the problem at hand , so we may fix it immediately.

Reviewed 2 March 2015

Not bad at all for a budget motel. Bed was clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Parking is an issue though -- unless you arrive early in the evening, you may be driving in circles around the motel looking for an available spot, which happened to me both nights I stayed there.

You can tell they are putting effort into renovations. The bed, in-room couch, and lamps all looked very new. The sink looked ancient, but no big deal -- it was clean. Very close to the airport, but a 15 to 20 minute drive from Old Quebec -- so if you're in town as a tourist, be prepared to drive. Still, it's better than staying at a place and not having any provided free parking.

Also, it's worth noting that while the place has free Wi-Fi, it was down the first night we stayed there. And since I don't have 3G service in Canada, it was kind of a drag. Not sure if that's a common problem there, and it was working the next two days.

Overall, a good value. I'd probably stay there again, unless I got a better deal a little closer to the historic downtown area.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
HoJoQuebec, Owner at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you very much for your comments. we are working hard on renovations,
new furniture,Painting, Wall paper. We are working on bathrooms and shall be completed by
end of may.
We are sorry for the parking issues,but during the winter season we have less spaces due to snow accumulation. WIFI has been upgraded to 120 speed.we rarely have any issues with our free WIFI.
We hope you enjoyed our free deluxe all you can eat breakfast.

Bruce Laurie , Owner