All reviewsrooftop barplunge pooleast restaurantmarriott goldplace ville mariehip hotelnespresso machinemontreal downtownking suitedefinitely stay here againlounge areabottled waterspecial thankswalking distanceperfect locationloved this hotelconcierge desk
Reviewed 18 July 2018

My husband is platinum elite so we have stayed at many hotels across the world, but the hospitality of this hotel was one of the best. I switched rooms twice because I could not decide between the hospitality suite and the king suite and the reception Sabrina was more than accommodating! We were celebrating our anniversary and followed by a bachelorette the next night and I wanted to impress my friends and this hotel surely that! Our stay was perfect, the location was perfect, the room was very comfortable! The valet was patient as well and helped me move rooms and show me the different room types. The breakfast was also delicious and we could order a la carte. I ordered the salmon benedict, the best I have had.

Thank you Ren Montreal for everything!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Ian M, Directeur général at Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Lanitrip,

This is a great comment to see, we will surely pass it around for our staff to see. Sabrina was very please to read it and we are all looking forward to welcome you again for your next anniversary perhaps.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

I recently attended a long weekend bachelorette in Montreal and we occupied two rooms with 8 girls. I was thoroughly impressed with the modern contemporary decor as well as the spotless clean room. The lobby is very comfortable, warm, and inviting as it is an excellent meeting place for large groups. We definitely made use of the rooftop pool and patio and were served some excellent drinks there. In particular, I would highly recommend ordering the azur sangria which was such a hit amongst our group :) the service is impeccable at this hotel. They were so accommodating and even gave us a late checkout since we had a later flight that evening. The only minor hiccup to note is that the room keys were quite finicky and didn’t work part of the time. The hotel used electronic slope cards to gain access to your hotel floor and room,but thy often stopped working. The front desk notes that this was common as the magnetic key cards could come in contact with other metal items in your purse that would deactivate the magnetic strip. The front desk quickly changed our keys and we were fine. The hotel is located in a very central location close to many downtown shopping areas as well as excellent food options all within a 15 mins walk. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Ian M, Directeur général at Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Hi,

We were very happy to welcome you for this memorable event. We hope to see you all for another bachelorette party.

Thank you again for your great comments!

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Having to leave my Airbnb due to a lack of air conditioning in the midst of a heat wave, I used points to grab a room at the Marriott Renaissance. Great decision. First, my room was available for check in before 8 am, freeing up the rest of the day. Second, I was upgraded to a king suite, a spacious well appointed, and comfortable room. As an elite rewards member they offered complimentary a la carte breakfast, not just for the next day, but one upon my arrival. And the breakfast was excellent. The front desk staff and concierge were attentive and helpful. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Ian M, Directeur général at Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Hi Andy,

Thank you ver much for taking the time to leave such a great comment. We will make sure the entire team is aware of the great experience they offered you in order for them to keep serving our guest this way.

Your feedback are very important and we appreciate your honesty,

We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

Some aspects of this hotel may not be to everyones taste especially if they are looking for some old world traditional luxury hotel but they would be missing out on a great experience if you pass it up. This hotel ( a former postal facility) right downtown with its small lobby reception area gets your attention right away. Swings in the lobby and an eclectic decor tells you this is a trendy spot. The rooms are also a bit funky but everything used is top quality . Beds are great and bathrooms on the large size. Front desk staff is exceptional. I might add the back office staff here that helped me coordinate connecting rooms was superb in every way. With above ground shopping and underground shopping choices feet away , those looking for their next buy wont be disappointed. Ask about the neat speakeasy bar just down the street. So if you want something a bit different but with solid service , I would choose this each time I go to Montreal. PS: you can walk underground from hotel to the main train station.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor corner room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Shane,

thank you for these honest feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Ian
Friends of mine and I traveled to Montreal last week for a vacation. We were certainly impressed with your beautiful city in many ways.
We stayed at your hotel, the Renaissance and couldn’t have been more impressed. The cleanliness, service and friendly staff were just wonderful. However, we were particularly impressed with Julien, the concierge.
From before we even met Julien we received a welcoming email encouraging us to contact him when we arrived. Before we started out on our first morning to tour the city, we did just that and met with him. What a delight. He was friendly, accommodating, efficient and hooked us up with the best tours, in which he provided us with discount tickets, directions and accurate information.
His recommendations for food were over the top, we thoroughly enjoyed every meal. We all agreed that Julien just added that something extra that made our trip extra special.
Thank you and your staff for a very welcoming and stress free vacation. Keep up the good work.
Terry, Angela and Maria from the USA

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Terry,

Thank you very much for such a great comment. Your familiy and you are always welcome here. I will make sure the entire team, and specialy julien, see your comment.

See you again soon and it was truly a pleasure to have you with us during your time in Montreal,

Wish you all the best!