All reviews rooftop bar plunge pool east restaurant marriott gold place ville marie hip hotel montreal downtown nespresso machine king suite walking distance definitely stay here again loved this hotel concierge desk lounge area the entire staff rooms are modern bottled water
Reviewed 5 August 2016

While I'm a loyal Marriott customer, I rarely feel that the staff at a particular property are consistently a cut above. (Possible exception - San Diego Gaslamp Quarter Residence Inn) But in this case everyone was great and I really appreciated their competence and professionalism. I read all the reviews of how new and hip the property was and even wondered in advance if it was "too hip" for me. My husband did think some of the room decor was a bit much but I thought it was great - practical as well as stylish.The lobby and breakfast area are lovely, and it's a very good buffet breakfast (we got lucky and had it for free as Marriott Elite members, which is an unusually good perk). The room was very comfortable. I did not have a chance to use the fitness area on this visit It's a great location, we were able to walk south to the St. Catherine shops and Crescent St restaurants one day and north to the Old quarter the next day. McGill is directly up the street with Mont Royal Park right past that. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 5 August 2016

Dear MN_on_the_road,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel with your fellow travellers!!!

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. I will pass along your comments to the staff.

Hope to see you back soon,

Cheers,

Ian

Reviewed 1 August 2016

The rooms in this hotel are nice, however, they are dark. They need more lighting in the room. The shower was difficult to use. It had one small button to determine the hot and cold water, and there was no sign explaining how the system worked. We were disappointed in the hotel. We are Gold Elite members. When we went to the top floor, there was only a cash bar. We were not even offered a bottle of water. The front desk staff was helpful. The location is excellent for shopping. We were just disappointed in the cold, dark room. Felt this was geared to the younger generation.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler13333
Management response:Responded 3 August 2016

Dear Traveler1333,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our fellow travelers. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay with us and I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again very soon. Please do reach out to us for your future stay and we will make sure to add extra lights in your room and to give you a corner room which provide a lot more natural lights. Regards,

Ian

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I first stayed at this property just after they opened. I was most impressed then. I am even more impressed now! The associates truly make you feel welcome and at home. Catherine Germain and Aida Lounis are top of their game.

If you want a great shower, this is the place to stay.

The hotels restaurant is a destination restaurant.

Don't miss the fresh croissants for breakfast. They tasted like they were made in France! However, pass on the orange juice, unless you order the freshly squeezed.

Dinner was unbelievable! We ate their two nights in a row. The sushi, dim sum, sea bass and Singapore noodles shouldn't be missed.

If you are looking for a place for a drink at night, check out the roof top bar. From there you can watch the Wednesday night Montreal fireworks.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2016

We stayed here for two nights. The lobby is beautiful and stylish. Staff is very friendly and welcoming. We had a king suite room that was extremely spacious and well appointed. The Nespresso machine was a nice touch and the nightly turndown service was great (we loved the maple leaf candy). Location close to Ste Catherine shopping was great and the port was in comfortable walking distance. Would definitely stay here again. Make sure to check out the rooftop terrace and comfortable place to have a drink and relax.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016

This hotel is truly gorgeous. It is in a great location, very modern, clean and has everything you need. The lobby is so appealing, bar downstairs very comfortable and rooms are perfect. The pool area so beautifully designed and staff very friendly. The concierge, especially Isael (hope spelling correct) were so helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel when staying in Montreal.

• Trip type: Travelled with family