“Inspired, creative Italian”

Ranked #469 of 5,991 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Description: After more than two decades of activity during which he has built a solid reputation, Mozza, Pâtes et Passions Restaurant is now recognized as an institution in the city. Moreover, Mozza figures in the famous guide Montreal's Best Restaurants Bring Your Own Bottle 2011 by Ms. Joana Fox, Beside the fact that at Mozza, you bring your own bottle of wine, Mozza is offering you an unpretentious Italian-inspired cuisine that is focused on the freshness of its ingredients.
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I often avoid Italian restaurants because they tend to have predictable menus. Not here. Very creative, delicious combinations of foods and flavors, and at a reasonable price. We were very impressed. And be sure to use the rest rooms. Those are creative also.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We were given this recommendation by a local bartender and decided to try it out. It's bring your own alcohol but they only allow wine or beer and no hard alcohol or drinks with hard alcohol (such as Ceasars). I had a pasta dish that was outstanding and one of the best I've had at a restaurant. The pasta was not a large portion but after the salad and soup combo that came with it, I felt very satisfied. My friend got the pizza and it was mediocre but the rest of us that had pasta were thoroughly impressed. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good pasta dish.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We chanced upon this bistro in Montreal's Gay Village - and what a terrific surprise! The food is excellent: each main course is accompanied by two starters - a fantastic Caesar salad. They turned a simple bowl of pasta into an art form ... and as for the green tea and lemon zest crème brulee ... But the best thing about it, apart from the friendly and helpful staff are the toilets. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I spent as much time in there dancing to Abba under a glitter ball as I did at the dinner table. If you are heading down to the Village, this excellent restaurant is a must!

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about the creativeness, and deliciousness of the food at Mozza. The pasta with dark chocolate was amazing. The ceasar really does deserve to be famous, it's that good. Everything was perfectly prepared. On top of that, the staff are charming and helpful with tips for your stay in Montréal. Our waitstaff, Justin, was pitch perfect, a delightful person. The decor is fun, truly a great night out. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Mossa is new since my last visit and friends encouraged me to try it. What a gem! It's BYOB, so one can drink fantastic wine without paying exorbitant prices. The food was fantastic -- I had a delicious escargot appetizer followed by an equally delicious pasta and scallops dish. The service was extremely friendly, very guest-oriented, but never intrusive. Had it not been the last night of the visit, we would have eaten there again. One more reason for returning to Montreal soon!