New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Restaurant Le Grain De Sel - CLOSED

Restaurant Le Grain De Sel
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Florida
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I expected a lot given the reviews. I was underwhelmed. I thought the food was average. I was there less than 10 days ago and I can't remember what I had. I guess unremarkable is a good way to sum it up. Good service.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank jnb2375
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Hartland, Wisconsin
“First trip to Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

This was our first trip to Montreal and we had a great meal at Le Grain De Sel! It is a short cab ride there but well worth it. The staff was exceptional including the chef that stopped by our table. We ordered the a bottle of wine, Wild Mushroom Ravioli and the Beef Short Ribs and they were both amazing! Then, as if we weren't stuffed enough, we ordered dessert that the waiter so artfully drew out the choices on our table paper:) We had the Sugar Pie and Blueberry Cake which were delish!! And all for a very reasonable price! Highly recommend!!

• Visited July 2012
6 Thank MichelleV123
Tampa, Florida
“Good food but worth the cab ride?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

This was my first time in Montreal & we stayed in Old Montreal near the Port. While I enjoyed the food (the bread probably the most), the menu was small & the location not the easiest to get to. Our cab was about 14 Canadian dollars not the most expensive cab ride I have ever taken but given all the restaurants within walking distance of our hotel, I'm not sure I would return. However, very reasonably priced wines & the waitress hand writes/draws the dessert options directly onto your table, which was very cute

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sarahfinn54
NJ
“Wonderful authentic cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

What a delighful experience we had here for our final dinner in Montreal. This restaurant is located a few blocks from the village. The staff were all very friendly including the Chef whom visited tables. We started with the Wild Boar and Black Pudding both were delicious. For dinner we had the Smoked organic Pork Shoulder and the Veal Spider Steak again both delicious. I would definitely recommend this place and would return in a heartbeat next time in Montreal. Thumbs Up!

• Visited July 2012
6 Thank Mattha
Montreal
“A place to discover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is a great little restaurant a bit outside the touristic downtown area, but easily reachable by subway (Papineau station, and a 5-min walk). Food is sublime: I had the mushroom ravioli, which was by far the best pasta in my life! Staff is very professionnal and friendly, and prices are reasonable, especially if you go for lunch.

• Visited August 2011