“Innovative cuisine in a casual setting.”
Review of Restaurant Le Grain De Sel - CLOSED

Restaurant Le Grain De Sel
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had this restaurant on my to go to list for some time. I shouldn't have waited so long. The service is remarkably casual but very competant. Excellent I,ago native menu combined with some seriously good talent in the kitchen makes for some remarkably interesting dishes.

The lack of the haute cuisine attitude coupled with a fabulous menu and attentive but unobtrusive service makes this an outstanding dining experience.

4  Thank StephenM465

Reviewed 28 March 2012

You like every thing and dislike nothing.He deserve is 1st place.

3  Thank nathlav
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Fresh dishes great options for vegetarians as well. Every plate has flavor, is fresh and unique. Great intimate ambiance. Wine prices are reasonable.

2  Thank TravelNut71
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Making and serving great food does not mean that the chef and serveurs(sses) have to be pretentious. My wife and I celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary at Grain de Sel and what a pleasant evening. Nice variation with the french bread accompaniments, scrumptious amuse-bouche, and excellent appetizers. My wife had the arugala etc salad and I had the tuna. For mains she had the ravioli that was exquisite and I had the black cod which was cooked to perfection. As uplifting as the food is the service being casual yet informative and helpful adds to the ambience of the restaurant. Save room for pleasant desserts and european-quality capuccinos.

8  Thank Slabotsky
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I spent the evening at Grain de Sel with my cousin. We decided to give it a try because it was so highly rated on trip advisor. The decor is nice, not uptight and makes you feel at ease.

The amuse bouche was a deer tataki which was a nice start to our meal. I took the chocolate/banana blood pudding as an appetizer as it was suggested by the chef. While the mix sounds very strange, it ends up working quite well (maybe the banana was a little more powerful than it should be, but it was good). My cousin had the wild boar mini burgers which were very good. For the main dish, I had the smoked pork shoulder which was excellent. The smokiness was subdued and the rest of the plate complemented the pork perfectly. My cousin had the bison tri-tip which was also very good. Finally, the I took the deconstructed "pudding chomeur" which was also delicious. I'm usually not a dessert person, but this one was really good.

The chef dropped in a few times for quick discussions, which was pleasant. Overall, the food is really very good, the service was impeccable and the price is honest. For two people, appetizer, main dish and dessert, one glass of wine and an espresso, it was roughly 100$. Will definitely be back.

8  Thank jimshoe