“Good place”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: Milton Street
Description: Born out of the simple notion that food and entertainment can go hand in hand, Ristorante Buonanotte has continued to fulfill its duty as Montreal's "beacon of nightlife", while still being able to maintain its devotion to culinary excellence in Italian cuisine. Buonanotte is the place for those wishing to experience the charm, style, flair and grace the city has to offer on its most vibrant and cosmopolitan boulevard. Located in proximity to the premier galleries, museums, boutiques and hotels, Buonanotte satisfies every visitor's senses and cravings since 1991.
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Food was good and overall service was exceptional. It is on pricy side but well worth it for food and service.

I gave it four only because I waited 10 minutes for coat check which should have taken 2 min after a meal. Something to improve on...

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Where to begin? The service was fine until another party sat near us. Then we were ignored. The dress code for the waitresses is very skimpy but some people like that. In fact, that was the only appealing thing there but was not on the menu. The menu is very limited with almost no selection. The salad is different in a bad way. My wife could not digest it. The main meal was no better. For the prices they charge, the portions should be bigger or of better quality. Don't even make a reservation. Save your money and spend it somewhere else.

1  Thank Irwin G
Reviewed 4 March 2017

we reserved for 10 pm because we wanted to club a bit after 11 pm the restaurant transforms into a club...great idea...mixed ageas....lovely place ,everyone gets along ....italian food ,

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Had a late dinner here, nice spot with good food that turns into a lounge as the evening progresses. Ducked out before the bottle service and important people arrived. Courteous wait staff. Enjoyed pizza.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

My sister who is visiting from Copenhagen and I (now living in Vancouver) are visiting MONTREAL over the holidays were looking for some good pasta after an afternoon of shopping. We were renting an apartment nearby and was looking for Italian food. We were seated fairly quickly, given menus but then basically left alone for a long time. The music was very loud and it looked like there was a private party starting in about half the restaurant. Once we got the menus, we were basically ignored. Finally someone came. We ordered and the appetizers came after an acceptable wait. My sister ordered a caesar salad and I ordered vitello tonnato. The salad was excellent, perfect portion size, I on the other hand had a difficult time finding my food on the plate. 4 tiny, tiny thin slices of veal and not much more than a tablespoon of tuna sauce and some greenery. The description mentioned pickled brussel sprouts and marinated chillies, I could not find any. I have eaten a lot of Vitallo Tonnato before, this was the tiniest portion I have ever had.
Our plates were cleared quickly and we waited, and waited again. After several excuses from the staff, our food finally came. I had ordered Malfatti Chestnut pasta with mushrooms and burrata cream. I was served approximately 8 pieces of pasta, interspersed with a few very thin slices of some mushrooms, covered in cream - an appetizer size, not main meal size, it tasted ok. My sister had ordered Spaghetti Pomodoro, a basic tomato sauce. Again a fairly small portion came, she took one bite and said it was raw, not just al dente, but raw. i tasted it and the pasta was barely cooked and had that bitter taste of raw pasta. We called the waiter over and asked if it was possible to get another portion cooked a bit more. The waiter said it was supposed to be like that, he reluctantly took it back and after an acceptable time, a new portion arrived. Unfortunately it was cooked exactly like the first. My sister would not eat eat it. I called the waiter over and explained that unfortunately it was not any diffrent. He told us again it was supposed to be like that, made no bone about that is the way they cook it, maybe they should've taken a clue from the first complaint and just cooked the pasta a minute or 2 more. My sister explained that she eats pasta several times a week, makes her own and have travelled in Italy a lot and she has never had it that raw, he insisted that is the way they cook it. We told them to take it back and just give us the bill.The bill finally came, and he slapped it on the table. I put my credit card on top and then we waited again. We stood up and he finally came with the machine. He ran the card through and I added 15% tip as it was not the waitress's fault. While the card was authorized, I looked at the bill and saw that they had charged for the pasta. I looked at him and said that I really, really could not believe they charged for it - I did not ask for my money back, just looked at him and said I couldn't believe he charged for it. He again said it was cooked the way it was supposed to.Then somehow the owner all of a sudden appeared and he said he was proud about his authentic italian food. He was agitated and said he would refund the whole bill, I said no, I did NOT want my money back, but I was disappointed that he would change for a pasta dish that we did not feel was cooked right. He became more agitated and said he has never been so insulted, he took great honor in his cooking and was telling us his food was perfect. While he was talking and yelling he literally pushed my sister out the door. I kept telling the waiter who now had my credit card in his hand that I did not want my money back, just for the pasta. He started to walk away with my card, I guess to refund it, but I took the card and left since my sister was already thrown out. We stood outside and laughed at the incredulity of it all, unbelievable. In conclusion, at this restaurant there definitely not enough value for the money paid, rude owner, slow service. After reading the other reviews on this site, I am not surprised - do not waste your money - go someplace else.