“Very decent hotel, great price, great location”

Hotel Le Dauphin Montreal Centre-Ville
Ranked #18 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed 17 July 2012

When I read the reviews about this hotel, I changed my booking and I am glad I did. The location is 3 minutes to Chinatown, about 10 minutes to the Basilica and Old Montreal and about 15 minutes to the Old Port. Next to the Hotel is the Convention Center where you can park. The Metro station is also there and there are restaurants in the Convention Center where you can eat. It is also near St Catherine were the shopping centers are. We also walked to the Jazz Festival. We did not have to use our car during our stay in Montreal.
The hotel is clean and as one traveler has commented, the hardwood floors are my favorite. I have allergies and I immediately know/ feel that a place is clean.
The breakfast room can get cramped depending on what time you have your breakfast.
The best of all the price is right for this hotel and safe to walk outside at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank new_milestone

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I was in Montreal in the month of May for business.I chose hotel Dauphin for its proximity to downtown,Place Victoria.The place was easily walkable from the hotel,My room was on the fifth floor and although there were no great views I did not miss that much as the wifi connection kept me busy. A desktop in the room makes things convenient.The breakfast was normal fare and nothing much to talk about. Cleanliness was good and the room was equipped with a coffee maker and a refrigerator.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Teji87
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Very nice boutique hotel near old Montreal. Even though our room 706, was next to the elevator, it was extremely quiet. The room was ultra-modern and large and the bed very comfortable with a strong AC. Continental breakfast was included and was quite decent, much better than the usual American fare. A long block from the Metro. A few dings that were relatively insubstantial. No on site parking, as you have to park a block away under the convention center at $22 a night. Previous reviewers said there was limited on site parking. There is no long term street parking. Great location near many restaurants about two to five blocks away. (Les Pyreneses $$ and Bonaparte $$$ were excellent for foodies). Another minor ding, a small countertop around vanity. Large excellent shower. Each room does have free wireless and free use of a desktop computer with a moderate internet connection!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank slocal
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My family and I stayed here on two occasions.
It is vary handy, being a short walk from the train station and very close to the downtown amenities.
The staff were very helpful and polite. The place was extremely clean and very nicely furnished.
The room was a good size and the bathroom was exceptional.
The facilities were great and the breakfast options were comprehensive and of good quality.
I was very pleased with the price. i have paid a lot more for a lot less elsewhere.
I would definitely stay here again, it really is a very good hotel.

Room Tip: Our room had a level access (walk in) shower, which was huge for a hotel room. I would ask for this...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed here during a recent conference and chose the Hotel Dauphin from a list of conference hotels. Most of the conference hotels were typical well-known chain hotels with high prices and little character. The Dauphin is a smaller hotel on a quiet smaller street, about a block from the convention center and convenient to old town, the pedestrian mall, and the Chinese district. On arrival I was met by a wonderfully pleasant young man, born and raised in Montreal, who spoke impeccable English. He could teach a class in how to greet customers. My room was very attractive, clean, and well appointed, and even included a computer for guest use. There are room darkening shutters and the room was very quiet. Room decor was very modern and tasteful. All of the staff that I encountered were very helpful and pleasant and spoke English well. I did not have occasion to try the breakfast. If I had occasion to travel on business to Montreal again, I would definitely stay here. Although not as expensive as the nearby large chain hotels, the Dauphin is reasonably expensive, and I would probably not choose this for a family trip.

Room Tip: I had a room in the rear and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business