What's not to like? The price was reasonable compared to others in the area, it is in a good location on a main avenue, clean and secure and there was a helpful bi-lingual staff. On the first floor was a gym and a computer room with printers. There was a small snack bar where you filled out a slip and dropped it in the box to be charged to your room. There was a good sized laundry room with plenty of machines all for free. All of these services and the elevator could only be accessed by using your room card.
Our room was fantastic. It was on the 13rh floor and faced Old Montreal. We could open the windows and enjoy the breeze and the views below including the thousands of student demonstrators that marched below when we were there. We had a sitting area with a couch, reading lamp, coffee table and a large HD flat screen TV on top of a dresser. Right next to it was an breakfast counter with stools facing the kitchen that had fridge, micro, stove, washer, sink, toaster, coffee maker and dishes. There was a full service grocery store two blocks down and we stocked up to make many meals and snacks instead of restaurant meals.
The bedroom was big and the bed was too, clean and comfortable with a big window air conditioning unit. The bathroom was good size and clean.
The location of the hotel was excellent also. It was walking distance to Old Montreal, Chinatown, a big underground shopping complex and St. Catherine's street.
If there is a downside, it's that you only get room service every three days.
Parking is $18 a day It's underground, self park and secure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Candlewood Suites Extended Stay Apartment Hotel Montreal downtown. The Candlewood Suites Hotel is a member of the IHG family of brands, which includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn and Staybridge Suites. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal offers apartment like suites to government, business, relocation, training & extended stay hotel guests requiring long or short term hotel or real estate accommodations. The Candlewood Suites Hotel Montreal is within walking distance to the Old Port of Montreal, Chinatown, Place des Arts, Contemporary Art Museum & St. Catherine Street Shopping. Walk to nearby businesses including Bell Canada BCE, CGI, Bomardier, Hydro Quebec, Desjardins Financial, SNC Lavalin, Complex Guy Favreau, IBM, CBC, Alcoa, Alcan, ING, VIA Systems Standard Life, London Life Power Corporation & CHUM Hospital Project. Enjoy your evening dining on St. Laurent Street before retiring to your spacious suite. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) features studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment like suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, spacious living and work areas, TV with DVD player, free high-speed wired Internet access, two phone lines with personalized voicemail. Other apartment like conveniences include 24-hour business center offering free Internet access, printing, faxing & copying capabilities, complimentary guest laundry facilities, fitness center, courtyard & lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, IHG and Agoda so you can book your Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Montreal Centre-Ville Hotel Montreal
- Candlewood Montreal
- Montreal Candlewood Suites