All reviewsmontreal airportair canadafree shuttleshuttle servicebusiness tripbusiness hotelfront desk staffking roombreakfast buffetpool and hot tubwalking distancean early flightspent one nightthe hotel offerscomfortable bedscoffee makervery nice hotel
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Location: Close to the airport and easy to get to by free shuttle bus (leaves from door 9, from memory). A bit isolated but some shopping malls close by.

Staff: Extremely friendly and helpful

Hotel itself: Modern, airy, clean. Two elevators, gym, pool, bar. All great.

Food: It was nice to see the breakfast rotated, so not the same things every day. There was a choice of continental or cooked. Food was good quality with some local touches. I did find it expensive however.

Drink: I only went for the lager which to my European eyes looked very expensive at $12 + service per pint.

Room: I had a king room. Very clean and spacious and was my home for 5 nights. Good sized TV with lots of channels; decent pull-out work desk; great wi-fi and wired connection; the sofa was nice. The bed was comfortable but the duvet felt like it had been welded at the "feet" end, which was like being in a straight jacket. Would have preferred a simple kettle to the coffee maker, as I only drink tea, but I got by. Teaspoons rather than weird plastic straws/sticks would have been better. Likewise fresh milk. Water in the room, but chargeable on consumption.

Loved the bathroom, apart from the bath. Lovely hot water but you couldn't lie back in it because the bit behind my head was just too steep. Again, maybe me - a European thing.

Overall I really liked this hotel and it was a great place in which to be homed during a business trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2018

The hotel is simple and relatively clean. However, we came with a group of families. It was all booked under the same group rate. While four other families in our group got discounts from the hotel, the hotel refused to provide us with the same. They claimed it was an error by their front staff and/or that some of the other rooms had complaints resulting in a discount. I simply tried to explain to the manager that it was unfair to provide other families a certain discount on a group rate. The manager refused to relent, offering me a $9/nightly refund and claiming the balance of the discount that I did NOT receive was an error by them and they won't be duplicating it.

I fail to see how this accords with proper guest relations. In any event, that is the choice of this hotel. It has unfortunately left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

On a separate note, after checking in late in the evening on the first night, we waited for one hour before we got a crib with blankets to our room to put our toddler to sleep. That was fun too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
CYMTLYUL, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Good day Ahal2018,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within the organization.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here in February needed a new place as I wasn’t impressed with the holiday inn Express near airport.
The lady Annie at the front desk here was the friendliest , happiest camper you ever wanna meet. Just so polite and pleasant. We arrived at 1:00 pm and was lucky and got our room right away , didn’t have to wait til 3:00 . The room is spacious and immaculate. The cleaners here go the extra mile. Bathroom was quite large and also very very clean.
Lots of parking available as well which is delightful being so close to airport. Location is great , right next to the highway.
There’s a McDonald’s very close to get your morning coffee. La cage is a great restaurant near by with the best wings . Many other food places close by as well.

I highly recommend this hotel , as I tried all the others in the area and this hotel is top knotch and far better then the others around.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank kellyvincent071
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Stayed here as it was the closest branded hotel to my work location. Staff is excellent location is convenient for travelers. I believe it does have a shuttle to the airport did not use as I stayed here after arrival.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Stayed here with family for two nights and enjoyed this hotel. Conveniently near the airport and major highways & I appreciated the free airport shuttle. Check-in was easy and front desk staff was always friendly. Hotel room (King) was spacious and clean, though the bathroom towels were thin & felt like sandpaper. Ate breakfast once at the restaurant downstairs and was appalled at the price - $20 for a mediocre buffet breakfast was WAY too much. Will look for a hotel with a free (or less expensive) breakfast included next time.

Stayed: January 2018