See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2005

Clean room. Reasonable price. The Italian staff was extremely nice & easy to communiicate, but the other guy needed professional training in his attitude. No AC, no drinking water.

Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank Getaway11467
Reviewed 11 July 2005

I was giving a price on a phone discussion for staying at this hotel.
When I arrived there I paid the amount we agreed on but I was told I've made "a good deal" because am getting a "different" room. At the check out the service guy (Eddy) asked me for an extra charge motivated by the "extra-quality" of the room I was given.
Having no consent from my side the final invoice remained with the initial amount.
When I got home and checked my account I was astonished to see they charged the amount they wanted on my credit card without my authorization.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank FarAway17747
Reviewed 24 May 2005

We made a reservation one evening and called the next day to change it from 3 to 2 days. They told us we could not do that because it was Memorial Day weekend, and there was a minimum stay of 3 nights. If we wanted to cancel the 3 nights we could. We said we would call back. We called back 10 minutes later to cancel the 3 nights and talked to another person who would not allow us to cancel, despite what their other representative told us. When we told them we were not happy, they hung up on us. They claimed we hung up on them. They kept insisting that we needed to check their website to know their cancellation policy. I said that we did not make the reservation through their website, and it was not our responsibility to know their policy. If one representative tells us we can cancel, we are going to believe them. The customer service was AWFUL, and we are very forgiving travelers. I would strongly recommend against this place.

Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank Coastal5154
Reviewed 24 May 2005

My friend and I stayed at Hotel de L'Elysee in the Latin Quarter district for 5 days from May 18-22 and had a large room that was clean and had a nice bathroom that had been recently renovated. The location was great as this brown stone hotel was half a block away from the Berri UQAM metro station and the bus station. In addition, it was two blocks from Rue St.Denis where there are a lot of great stores, restaurants and bars.

Eddy at the hotel was extremely friendly and would offer suggestions for site seeing and for restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel as it is a basic no frills hotel that is clean, good value for your money, the staff are helpful and the location is great.

• Stayed: May 2005