“I am coming back here.”
Review of Hotel de L'Elysee

and 1 more site!
Hotel de L'Elysee
Ranked #148 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 29 August 2005

Everything good about this hotel has already been said. I was looking for a central place to stay... so I could explore Montreal easily. The price we got for the hotel was much less than I had anticipated it would be... so I was prepared for less than the best... but I got more than I asked for.

The room was immaculately clean. I have stayed in placed 4X as expensive without the rooms being as clean. The room we had was not very large. But why are you going to Montreal anyway, to sit in your room and watch TV? We parked our car across the street for 3 days... and walked EVERYWHERE (except the Biodome, for which the subway is a 2 minute walk from the hotel) I was not disappointed at all with this place and the hospitality of Sam and the other guy (sorry other guy... I didn’t catch your name) will make you feel at ease and at home.

Montreal on the whole seems to have a high level of homeless people. Someone mentioned that this hotel was in a seedy area... but to be honest... the areas that did not seem to be seedy to me, had no hotels in them either... just galleries. Hotel de L'Elysee felt very secure. I intend to return there, and as long as the price remains as reasonable as it is, I will not even shop around.

By the way... very close to this hotel is an Italian restaurant called "Ristorante Napoli Pizzeria." You MUST go there, buy a BOTTLE of wine and order one of their pizzas! Just thinking about how good the food was, brings a tear to my eye.

ENJOY!

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

New York, NY
Reviewed 14 July 2005

Clean room. Reasonable price. The Italian staff was extremely nice & easy to communiicate, but the other guy needed professional training in his attitude. No AC, no drinking water.

Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
toronto
Reviewed 11 July 2005

I was giving a price on a phone discussion for staying at this hotel.
When I arrived there I paid the amount we agreed on but I was told I've made "a good deal" because am getting a "different" room. At the check out the service guy (Eddy) asked me for an extra charge motivated by the "extra-quality" of the room I was given.
Having no consent from my side the final invoice remained with the initial amount.
When I got home and checked my account I was astonished to see they charged the amount they wanted on my credit card without my authorization.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed 24 May 2005

We made a reservation one evening and called the next day to change it from 3 to 2 days. They told us we could not do that because it was Memorial Day weekend, and there was a minimum stay of 3 nights. If we wanted to cancel the 3 nights we could. We said we would call back. We called back 10 minutes later to cancel the 3 nights and talked to another person who would not allow us to cancel, despite what their other representative told us. When we told them we were not happy, they hung up on us. They claimed we hung up on them. They kept insisting that we needed to check their website to know their cancellation policy. I said that we did not make the reservation through their website, and it was not our responsibility to know their policy. If one representative tells us we can cancel, we are going to believe them. The customer service was AWFUL, and we are very forgiving travelers. I would strongly recommend against this place.

Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reviewed 24 May 2005

My friend and I stayed at Hotel de L'Elysee in the Latin Quarter district for 5 days from May 18-22 and had a large room that was clean and had a nice bathroom that had been recently renovated. The location was great as this brown stone hotel was half a block away from the Berri UQAM metro station and the bus station. In addition, it was two blocks from Rue St.Denis where there are a lot of great stores, restaurants and bars.

Eddy at the hotel was extremely friendly and would offer suggestions for site seeing and for restaurants.

I would recommend this hotel as it is a basic no frills hotel that is clean, good value for your money, the staff are helpful and the location is great.

• Stayed: May 2005