“Price/ quality good balanced”
Review of Le Roberval

Le Roberval
Ranked #76 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Price/ quality good balanced”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Price/ quality good balanced You get what you pay for. Rooms are smaller that might seem to you on the pictures but they have everything you might need.

Room Tip: Rooms are smaller that might seem to you on the pictures but they have everything you might need.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We booked here for a new year's weekend 2011 and were very pleased. This is not a fancy hotel by any means, however because it was formerly an apartment building, the rooms are very spacious and well-equipped for the price! Perfect for staying with families or friends.

The hotel staff were very kind and quickly attended to some special requests we made. Rooms were very clean and furnished well, however the bathrooms were small (like an apartment bathroom). Also, the walls seemed thin as you could hear noise from the hallway and adjacent rooms if someone was being loud.

The breakfast was good, but if you get there near then end of serving time, dont' expect there to be much left. The only other negative point would be the parking. They charge $15 per day to park in their private garage which is just down the street from the hotel. But because of the amazing location of the hotel, we never had to take out the car once during the entire trip. EVERYTHING was walking distance (Old Port / Old Montreal, Subway, Restaurants, etc.)

Overall, you get amazing value out of this hotel. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
London, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2012

WORST MOTEL i checked in ever for several reason:
i) i call in and book the motel at a special rate, but on the day of check out they said they can't give me that rate and have to charge me a standard rate, $60 more, they just want to rip you off, and I can see argument over the counter with another customer as well.........not being suprised i am arguing with them as well

ii) poor ventilation at night, i ask them if you can turn on the heat a little more, they told me instead to OPEN the window up...............finally they take 2 fans to my room in 45 min

iii) parking--you have to pay extra and it's ok............but the underground parking is damn narrow and you need extreme good driving skills to park in............

you better stay away from this motel to avoid to mess your trip up............

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed alone (female in her late-twenties) and felt safe and was comfortable. All of the staff I interacted with spoke both French & English competently (most fluent in both languages). I did not end up using the kitchen facilities in my room much but everything looked clean and well kept. It was very roomy (much more room then I needed or thought I'd get!).

The complimentary breakfast was simple but sufficient (cereal, yogurt, some pastries/toast, coffee, tea, milk & juice). Someone was there to refill the food as needed and keep the area clean.

I brought my own shampoo & conditioner (I always do) but did notice that there was only a generic shampoo/body wash provided. If someone is picky at all, I'd recommend bringing their own shampoo.

The complimentary internet access worked well.

I would stay at Le Roberval again and would have no problems recommending it to my family and friends. If you are looking for an economical hotel that is clean and well located, I would strongly suggest staying here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Carolyn R
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 November 2011

My positive experience started before I booked with the Hotel Le Roberval. Before booking I wrote to the hotel to inquire about parking space/size. They were kind enough to advise that our car would not fit in their parking lot but there was a surface lot just down the block we could use. When we arrived the young man at reception was very friendly and gave us great advise on where to find a 'real beer' bar in the area and did not mind speaking English (when needed). I liked that we were near the IGA store so we could stock up on a few things like wine, cheese, bread, pate, fruit, etc. and use the in-room fridge to avoid the cost of some meals in restaurants. One thing we were not thrilled with, but had no problems with, was the park next to the metro entrance was filled with many young street people loiterring around and they were doing a large feeding of homeless people each evening. Watch your pockets and valuables and it was fine.
The room was large, two queen beds, but the lighting was poor. Need more down lighting for reading by the beds and stronger watt bulbs wouldn't hurt. The rooms were clean, shower worked well and the lighting in the bathroom was good for shaving and make-up application. Windows were well insulated and kept most of the city noise out. The heat in the room kept going up even though we kept trying to lower it. The heating was quite and the seperate heater and thermostat in the bathroom was nice to have. We were going to call about the heat but decided not to since we were in bed and didn't want someone coming to the room when we were in our pj's. I'm sure they would have dealt with it efficiently since they handled all other enquiries well (the staff were friendly and helpful with all the clientelle that I saw while waiting in the lobby). The free WiFi and desk in the room made it easy to use the computer to check local attractions, etc. It was nice to have an elevator but it could be a bit poky when people were going down to the breakfast room. The free breakast was simple and adequate, nothing special to write about. Big bonus for me was the little luggage cart that I could take outside to load/unload the car and it fit in the narrow hallways and elevator without a struggle.
The walk to the Latin Quarter, Chinatown and Vieux Montreal was easy from this hotel and the metro with great connections was just minutes away. If you want the nicer shopping on Rue St. Catherine, you need to take the metro to McGill or Peel stops, which are about 4 stops away from the station near the hotel. We did have some confusion with purchasing a metro ticket but the majority of the staff were very helpful and willing to speak English. We did enjoy the shops in the area of the hotel that sold books and magazines (which we came to Montreal to buy) so we didn't have to carry them far. I will definitely book again and recommend to others for location and good value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family