“Our A la Carte B and B Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A la Carte Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
A la Carte Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Burnaby, Canada
“Our A la Carte B and B Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

My 18 year old daughter, 16 year old son and I are fresh off a visit to this b and b. Our 5 day stay at A la Carte was a wonderful experience. Petra is a wealth of information on all things to see and do in Montreal. She happily and efficiently provides maps, metro info, brochures, and business cards upon arrival. We learned more in our fifteen minute sit down with her than we did browsing through the tourism guidebooks. Daniel delights in his variety of breakfast options. Crepes, scrambled eggs, pancakes, French toast, sausages and bacon? Mais bien sur! He is also very willing to work with dietary restrictions. Coffee is delicious aussi.
The three of us shared one room and would happily do it again. For families preferring more privacy there is always the two bedroom option upstairs. Either way - we'd be more than happy.
After very busy days exploring Montreal we would return home to find a bowl full of snacks and a video to watch that night in the salon across the hall. Their dvd collection boasts 300 titles that are carefully catalogued in a book for guests to browse.
The perfect hosts, they are available for questions and chit chat but do not hover. We loved the cleanliness, fluffy towels and warm decor.
This review would not be complete without a mention of their very special ami: Monsieur Petit, the (almost) 6 year old miniature poodle. Such a gem. Smart, cuddly, ever alert for passing dogs, he's always eager for a hug or a pat. A huge bacon fan, he'll torment you with those expressive eyes...
Visiting Montreal? I would highly encourage you to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
ann arbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We loved our stay in montreal in large part because of the wonderful hospitality shown to us by daniel and petra. we loved staying in the b&b: great breakfast and great company. would highly highly recommend staying here if you get a chance.

Room Tip: We stayed in the mother nature room -- it has a jacuzzi in it, which was fun :)
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My boyfriend and I felt right at home at the A La Carte B&B. Petra and Daniel were wonderful hosts and their home is so cozy and well decorated. Monsieur Petit will bark if you are a stranger in his home but he will warm up to you immediately after a proper introduction and some sniffing. Petra is very good at explaining directions and Daniel is a wonderful cook. This was the only B&B I've been to where they will cook you a hot meal every morning.

The rooms were so clean and equipped with an amazingly comfortable bed. We stayed in the Dame Nature room which came with a bathtub doubling as a jacuzzi. Although we did not make use of the jacuzzi, I took so many baths in the bath tub because it was so relaxing.

There are only two rooms and an apartment upstairs to reserve so you may have some trouble booking in the summer. Otherwise, I would highly recommend staying here to anyone. This is the only place I've ever been to where I am looking forward to visiting again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank euphoricspiral
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Words can't describe the hospitality of Petra and Daniel. They are a fabulous couple and they make you feel like you are staying with family! My husband and I felt so comfortable staying at the A la Carte. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a memorable stay in Montreal. And their puppy, Monsieur Petit, was the sweetest little guy! I wanted to stuff him in my suitcase and bring him home with me!

3 Thank joeandsheron
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I made A la Carte B & B my choice for a few days in Montreal after reading rave reviews and I was not disappointed. It definitely deserves the #1 rating. Petra and Daniel will treat you to delicious breakfasts, wonderful conversations, and great ideas of how to enjoy and get to know Montreal.

The location is fantastic - a nice residential area with grocery and restaurants around the corner and very easy access to explore Montreal via bus and metro. The accommodations were very clean and well cared for and the attention to detail was outstanding. Great salon with fireplace made the space very cozy. Room had a very comfortable bed, large jacuzzi (nice at the end of the day!), flat screen TV, DVD player and excellent wifi access.

This review could not be written without mentioning Monsieur Petit! Very sweet little companion who always had a warm welcome for me in the morning when I got up and at the end of the day when I returned. He was a pleasure to be around!

A la Carte B & B is a simply wonderful place with hosts who take a genuine interest in their guests. It is a Montreal must!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo