“HORRIBLE AND OVERPRICED HOTEL”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Casa Bella

Hotel Casa Bella
Ranked #113 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa
“HORRIBLE AND OVERPRICED HOTEL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2007

This is the most horrible hotel in the world. It will be good for $30 per night, but $100 per night is just TOO MUCH.

We stayed there for New years.
The room was ugly.
A chair was broke
The sink had a HORRIBLE SMELL
The Bathtub was soo dirty! IT HAD LOTS OF HAIRS YUCK!
Behind the toilet was soo sooo so dirty. It seemed like nobody cleaned it since long long time ago.
The breakfast was ONE CROISSANT, half a cup of yucky coffee, and half a cup of orange juice. THAT WAS IT.
The TV was interesting. I think my parents had that TV when I was born. The transmission stopped all the time and we had to wait a little bit until the transmission was normal again.
The carpet had big stains on the floor. I had to put on my shoes after waking up. I just couldn’t put my feet in that carpet.
And after all this, they charged 100 DOLLARS!!!!!!! That hotel is worth $30 MAX!

After our ugly stay, I wrote an email to the hotel about my complaints and he never answered. I am sure he knows that his hotel has a rank of 0.

It is just not fair that people take advantage of others. I mean, they put beautiful photos on the website, but they are way far from the reality.

If anybody need more information write here and I will answer your questions.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Tips/Secrets — none
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PaolaOttawa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2006

We learned of Casa Bella Inc. from a travel guidebook. We call them directly and the guy on the phone sounded really nice, so we went for it. My boyfriend and I stayed there the week before Labor day when we were traveling trough Canada, and realized that it is probably the single busiest week for Montreal with all the movie, jazz, and rock festivals they have that week. It cost us $624 Canadian including taxes and parking for 3 nights for one queen bedroom and 1 night in a two queen bedroom (they had to change us rooms because they already sold out the 1 queen room for the weekend to another couple) We had to take it because there were no more places available.

Pluses: Even though, the front desk girl didnt speak lots of English, she was very pleasant and attentive. The hotel is located near Boulevard St. Laurent and Rue Saint Dennis, both streets that have the best night and restaurant scene. The location allows you to walk to most places of interest. The rooms were surprisingly very spacious.

Minuses: It says that the room has AC, but ours never worked, so I had to open the window and couldn’t sleep at all the first night because of the busy and noisy street. The room is cozy and clean, but it looks very much like a two star hostel. The breakfast is not good, cheap concentrated orange juice, store bough cheap croissants. I read that someone liked the breakfast, judge for yourself order it one day and see if you like it, I still recommend you to add in your budget breakfast outside, just in case.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The overprice rooms we paid due to the highest season in Montreal
  • Tips/Secrets — There is a Peruvian fine dining restaurant called 'Mochica' in Rue St. Dennis with food to die for: goggle it and check it out.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lili_Marlen
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2006

The room was ok but the towels are threadbare and there are no
extra blankets. The staff was indifferent and made it quite
clear that they didn't want to be bothered. When we asked for
an extra room key they said it would be ready for us but when
we went to pick it up they didn't have one. The breakfast is
nothing great just one slice of toast, an obviously store bought
croissant, and a small cup of coffee, tea, or chocolate. When
there was a miscommunication about the breakfast beverage
and we were given tea and chocolate rather than coffee and
chocolate we tried to get coffee instead and were rudely
informed we couldn't have it. One gets the feeling that the
owner is nowhere around and just wants to cut costs.
I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — it was conveniently located
  • Disliked — the total indifference of the staff
  • Tips/Secrets — be very careful when booking hotels
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

san jose, california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2006

You cannot go wrong with staying at this cute and elegant French flavored hotel in French speaking Montreal, the world 2nd largest French speaking city. My room was large with a terrific shower. The room was kept cool without the annoying A/C noises (central A/C?). The family that runs the hotel attends to your every need. The hotel is smartly located within walking distance to downtown, China town, and the shopping district. It's also a block away from the metro subway! I miss it and will stay there again and I will try to ask for the wing that has a lot more traditional European decor, if I am lucky to get it.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Bon-Bon-J
Efland, NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2005

You get what you pay for. Great location, just a short walk from the Metro and an Underground City food court, as well as lots of "regular" restaurants and downtown attractions. Unfortunately, I arrived after hours on a Friday and stayed the weekend. The off-hours desk person did not speak English other than 1 or 2 words. I can ask "Where is a nearby restaurant?" (among other things, thank you) in clear French, and she just didn't get it, trying to direct me to the grocery store across the street. It was impossible to communicate with her, even by pointing at posted bilingual notices. (InfoTouriste assured me that ALL tourist-related locations in Montreal have fluent bilingual speakers available. InfoTouriste is wrong.) Rooms didn't have alarm clocks; no wakeup call available; individual room temperature controls non-existent; not even a box of Kleenex! No tub either. I'd been looking forward to relaxing from the rest of my trip in a bubble bath. But the rooms were clean (mattress was thin but comfortable enough after a hard day of walking), and breakfast could be ordered in the mornings. Their website says, "fresh warm croissants baked on the premises," but the croissants were obviously those soggy store-bought things, warmed up somewhere. They were edible, though, as was the toast, tiny glass of orange juice and tea. Towels were small, thin and miserly in number, stairs were abundant and steep, and I feel sorry for people who brought their cars with them as all the cars had to be shifted around by valet every time someone needed theirs. PS: An English-speaker appeared at the desk early Monday morning -- too late for my needs.

• Stayed October 2005