All reviews atwater metro station alexis nihon living room the penthouse top floor large balcony full kitchen free breakfast two blocks couple blocks indoor pool close to downtown the breakfast area st catherine min walk mont royal yogurt
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised to find this gem. I wasn’t looking for high end frills, and wasn’t too worried about location. I can make my way around Montréal just fine. This hotel is located 2 blocks away from the Atwater stop 2 blocks away from anything you ever could need.

The hotel is older. You won’t find modern details. The rooms are spacious and have everything you would expect to find in a residence inn.

There are a lot of residential buildings around the hotel so it is extremely quiet at night. However within walking distance you can be near food and lots of shopping.

The pool and gym are on the top floor. I actually went in to check it out and they were great. Good quality machines and a variety to keep you fit. The view from the top is amazing.

There are only 2 elevators. I didn’t have any issues with traffic, but I could see it may happen if a lot of business travelers stayed there during the week.

The breakfast in the morning is wonderful. You get a variety of options. You can make your own waffles, have oatmeal, make your own breakfast burrito, eggs, fruit, and all sorts of bread.

The older woman to picks up during the breakfast in the morning is fantastic. She works very hard and is always looking to please everybody. I was completely impressed by her work effort and friendly attitude. She was a huge part of the reason for my rating. Customer service is extremely important and she went above and beyond for everyone who was there. Amazing!

The only thing that I would hope they upgrade is the beds. I’m used to the Marriott beds. Yes, I’m spoiled. I slept fine but I can’t help but notice the difference of the bed.

I would recommend this hotel for families. People on a budget. People looking to experience a different part of Montreal while not being in the middle of downtown.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Rooms are nice and spacious. A tiny bit dated, but they are working on that. Windows are old and drafty, but they had portable heaters in the bedrooms. Very accommodating ,and helpful. Breakfast provided, was so good.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Since most people have covered the common items, I will jump to the important bits:

* If you are driving a mini van, or anything of that size, you will not be able to park indoors. However, we were able to find street parking for free right out side. This saved us a good $22 a day

* swimming pool depth starts around 4 ft and there is a lifeguard on duty. If you have small kids, bring a life jacket or floaties.

* Rooms are fairly large. Only gripe I had is the beds are not as comfortable as the other Marriotts I've stayed at.

* Front desk was friendly. However, no special acknowledgement was given to being a Marriott Platinum member for Life. Not a problem, I got the free upgrade so that was plenty.

* Kitchen in Suites have a full fridge, range and a microwave.

* Great breakfast and super friendly staff ( the older lady from Lebanon is a real gem. Sorry I did not get her name)

Overall a great property and stands upto the Marriott brand.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Stayed here for a week in January and was very pleased with my stay. Room was comfortable and clean, kitchen had a nice little welcome pack so I didn't need to go out immediately. The shop in reception is perfect, and there are a couple of small shops within walking distance. I walked to the Alexis Nihon shopping centre which only took about 15-20 minutes and has a wonderful selection of shops and food outlets. Only gripe was the noise made by the fridge, as my bed was very close to the kitchen area it did occasionally wake me up.
Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Friendly and helpful staff, nice to have a spot out front to park and check in. Had no problems entering or exiting the parking garage. The hotel was clean and well furnished. The complimentary breakfast had numerous healthy choices. The room was quiet and it was easy to crash after a long day of travel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel