Ramada Plaza Montreal
US$ 241
US$ 783
US$ 758
  • Pool
All reviewsquality hotel midtownkosher breakfastfitness roomstreet parkingbit datedmetromattresses
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed for 2 day and 3 nights. I am writing this review because i had terrible experience with the manager . The manager language is rude...when we talk to him and frontdesk people they like fighting with us....what i notice he speak to customer and then after the customer is going he make horrible face on behind of customer which is so disgusting. Phone service is not working. Rooms were ok but i think they spray lots of airfreshner which make our head full of smell.Long time i stay in the same hotel and the lady manager was verynice...but this time i think manager is worst n should not be in that position. thank

Room Tip: Avoid communication with manager
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank sharon g
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This hotel is average at best.

The stay itself was OK. Received a room on the 3rd floor in the 'south wing' which was a small annex. Room appeared to have been recently renovated. Bed was OK. Some of the electrical outlets were also not working.

It appears that lots of groups (including school groups) stay here. Kids were running amok around the hotel in the evening, setting off the fire alarm. Can't blame the hotel for that though, just the ill behaved children.

Breakfast is a little strange, given this is a kosher hotel, although it might be enjoyable to Jewish clientele.

Pool looked OK but the gym smelled horrible for some reason.

Overall, average hotel at best.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank cober6711
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Can't expect the Taj Mahal at 79$ a night. The lady at the reception was very nice. Room clean, but it was noisy,(unless you like listening in on you neighbor) and just forget about the breakfast in the morning. It's Ok, if you want a realy cheap place to stay in Montreal, but don't expect much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BoBoBabo
SammyBasaran, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our customer service, as we take pride in serving our guests. We do indeed offer limited-time promotions, with considerably discounted rates. The rate you benefited from is a special promotional rate for our Annex rooms.

And lastly, I believe that you stayed at our hotel during the Passover period: during that week, we have a modified menu for our breakfast. Our regular menu items include the following items:, hot oatmeal, fresh waffles from our waffle maker, scrambled and boiled eggs, Montreal's famous bagels, apple & orange juice, coffee and tea, croissants and pastries, fresh bread, fresh fruit, yogurt.

Once again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us,

Sammy Basaran

Reviewed 10 April 2012

A former Montrealer, I recently traveled back to the city to celebrate Passover with family. Although I found our room to be recently renovated and essentially clean (aside from a few stains on the carpet), my experience booking the room was so off-putting that I will never return to this property.

I called the hotel directly and was connected to a front-desk clerk named "Julia" who took my reservation. From the outset, Julia was abrasive. When giving her my address, I tried to tell her the city I lived in, after providing my street name and number. But she wouldn't take it, instead snapping at me that she only needed my "postal code", if she had that, my city information would automatically appear on her screen. (OK, but say it politely...) We had the same interaction about my AAA membership number. I asked if she needed the entire number, or my individual membership number only (which is all I usually need to give down here in the old US of A). Again she responded in an impatient, unpleasant tone. Finally we got to my credit card information. I read the number out to her, and as she heard each digit, she repeated it out loud. I asked her not to do this, as someone might be in within earshot, and it's not inconceivable that my number could be copied down and used illegally,. ( In my recent experience in Boston, merchants *never* repeat a card number aloud, as a protection against identity theft.) But Julia would have none of it..instead of responding to my request she told me that "no one was in the lobby" so it was all right for her to repeat my card numbers out loud! At that point I told her that I thought she should treat me with greater politeness and consideration, given that I would be spending close to $300 at the Quality Inn in the upcoming weekend. Her response was to tell me that "she was giving me to somebody else" and to leave me hanging on the telephone for five minutes! I subsequently called back and needed to rebook all over again, with another clerk.

Upon reading a number of other reviews, I note that many other travelers had concerns about the customer service they received at this property. Although the general manager, Mr. Sammy Basaran, listened kindly to my concerns when I contacted him, I would hope he'd invest in customer relations and sensitivity training for his front desk people. Things are hard enough all around without having to be subjected to abuse..as a paying customer.. on a holiday weekend !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ERICA047

Dear Erica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Quality Hotel Midtown in Montreal. We are sorry that your experience in booking your room was not satisfactory. We provide continual training and coaching to our Front Desk staff to ensure that they provide professional and pleasant service. As such, we were surprised and concerned by the experience you described in booking your room. Please know that we have addressed this incident with our Front Desk staff.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in continuing to provide excellent service to guests. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and we thank you for choosing the Quality Hotel Midtown in Montreal.

Best regards,

Sammy Basaran

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Pros:
If you're looking for a kosher breakfast included with a kosher restaurant in the hotel, you won't find it anywhere, as far as I know, in all of North America except at Passover.
Renovations include the front area--looking very nice.
Beds: Comfortable!
Staff: For the most part, very friendly and helpful. We needed 2 "pack 'n plays" for the kids to sleep in--they were brought up within minutes. We asked for more towels to be brought to the pool. Done.
Rooms: Clean. Quiet too.
Value: We stayed using points so the trip was free, but for just over $100 per night normally, and that kosher breakfast, it has been worth it when we've paid.
Nearby: synagogues--2 within 2 blocks, including one with a minyan factory (if you're Jewish, you'll understand), and another kosher restaurant, this one not in, but beside the hotel with excellent fast-ish food (Pizza Pita). Subway (in french, metro) is a few minutes walk away and the subway system in Montreal is excellent. Bus stop nearby to take you there too.
The Pool: warm, very kid-friendly (no deep end).
Cons:
Well, not so much, not if you know you're not getting a 5 star hotel here.
3rd floor hallway could smell better.
Wifi did not work on the 3rd floor while we were there and they were not able to repair the problem during that period--if that matters, get a room on a lower level. They DO offer a wire to connect through ethernet connection in the room.
Bathrooms: while clean and well functioning, could use a reno.
Lack of variety in rooms: No suites available so if you are travelling with kids and don't want to spring for connecting rooms, you're looking at going to bed early at the same time as very young 'uns, hangin' in the hallway or cozying up to your own personal DVD player to watch movies on a small screen with your better half.
Overall, I'd come back with no hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family