“Overall ok”

Ranked #118 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Michigan City, Indiana
“Overall ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Rooms are fine but lots of strong smell.
Beds are making sound when we sleep and some strange smell from bed sheets.
Tv reception bad.
Ineternet in rooms and lobby was very good.I talk to technical person he seem to be quite intelligent as he solve my problem in quick 1 min.
Breakfast is nice.
Frontdesk staff morning was good....afternoon guy was rude.
Praking was free...but the pass didn't work well.
Restuarent Legrill food was not good , we order sharwarma...i think it was not fresh.
Prefer to go back but i prefer if the frondesk guy....i still remember his name Darren or Derrick... was not good.

Room Tip: Nothing special.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed for 2 day and 3 nights. I am writing this review because i had terrible experience with the manager . The manager language is rude...when we talk to him and frontdesk people they like fighting with us....what i notice he speak to customer and then after the customer is going he make horrible face on behind of customer which is so disgusting. Phone service is not working. Rooms were ok but i think they spray lots of airfreshner which make our head full of smell.Long time i stay in the same hotel and the lady manager was verynice...but this time i think manager is worst n should not be in that position. thank

Room Tip: Avoid communication with manager
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank sharon g

Travellers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

This hotel is average at best.

The stay itself was OK. Received a room on the 3rd floor in the 'south wing' which was a small annex. Room appeared to have been recently renovated. Bed was OK. Some of the electrical outlets were also not working.

It appears that lots of groups (including school groups) stay here. Kids were running amok around the hotel in the evening, setting off the fire alarm. Can't blame the hotel for that though, just the ill behaved children.

Breakfast is a little strange, given this is a kosher hotel, although it might be enjoyable to Jewish clientele.

Pool looked OK but the gym smelled horrible for some reason.

Overall, average hotel at best.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank cober6711
bedford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

Can't expect the Taj Mahal at 79$ a night. The lady at the reception was very nice. Room clean, but it was noisy,(unless you like listening in on you neighbor) and just forget about the breakfast in the morning. It's Ok, if you want a realy cheap place to stay in Montreal, but don't expect much.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BoBoBabo
SammyBasaran, General Manager at Quality Hotel Midtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our customer service, as we take pride in serving our guests. We do indeed offer limited-time promotions, with considerably discounted rates. The rate you benefited from is a special promotional rate for our Annex rooms.

And lastly, I believe that you stayed at our hotel during the Passover period: during that week, we have a modified menu for our breakfast. Our regular menu items include the following items:, hot oatmeal, fresh waffles from our waffle maker, scrambled and boiled eggs, Montreal's famous bagels, apple & orange juice, coffee and tea, croissants and pastries, fresh bread, fresh fruit, yogurt.

Once again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us,

Sammy Basaran
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

A former Montrealer, I recently traveled back to the city to celebrate Passover with family. Although I found our room to be recently renovated and essentially clean (aside from a few stains on the carpet), my experience booking the room was so off-putting that I will never return to this property.

I called the hotel directly and was connected to a front-desk clerk named "Julia" who took my reservation. From the outset, Julia was abrasive. When giving her my address, I tried to tell her the city I lived in, after providing my street name and number. But she wouldn't take it, instead snapping at me that she only needed my "postal code", if she had that, my city information would automatically appear on her screen. (OK, but say it politely...) We had the same interaction about my AAA membership number. I asked if she needed the entire number, or my individual membership number only (which is all I usually need to give down here in the old US of A). Again she responded in an impatient, unpleasant tone. Finally we got to my credit card information. I read the number out to her, and as she heard each digit, she repeated it out loud. I asked her not to do this, as someone might be in within earshot, and it's not inconceivable that my number could be copied down and used illegally,. ( In my recent experience in Boston, merchants *never* repeat a card number aloud, as a protection against identity theft.) But Julia would have none of it..instead of responding to my request she told me that "no one was in the lobby" so it was all right for her to repeat my card numbers out loud! At that point I told her that I thought she should treat me with greater politeness and consideration, given that I would be spending close to $300 at the Quality Inn in the upcoming weekend. Her response was to tell me that "she was giving me to somebody else" and to leave me hanging on the telephone for five minutes! I subsequently called back and needed to rebook all over again, with another clerk.

Upon reading a number of other reviews, I note that many other travelers had concerns about the customer service they received at this property. Although the general manager, Mr. Sammy Basaran, listened kindly to my concerns when I contacted him, I would hope he'd invest in customer relations and sensitivity training for his front desk people. Things are hard enough all around without having to be subjected to abuse..as a paying customer.. on a holiday weekend !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ERICA047
Dear Erica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at the Quality Hotel Midtown in Montreal. We are sorry that your experience in booking your room was not satisfactory. We provide continual training and coaching to our Front Desk staff to ensure that they provide professional and pleasant service. As such, we were surprised and concerned by the experience you described in booking your room. Please know that we have addressed this incident with our Front Desk staff.

We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in continuing to provide excellent service to guests. We hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and we thank you for choosing the Quality Hotel Midtown in Montreal.

Best regards,