All reviews berri uqam metro station flat screen tv the hotel is clean walked everywhere rue st denis
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

This hotel has an optimal location. Stayed during the Jazz Festival. Short walk to Place des Arts. Picturesque area, lots of restaurants, bars and cafés. Some street folk begging. Close to the metro and 747 airport bus. Walking distance to all the sites. Breakfast of coffee, orange juice and baking: they kept offering me extra helpings. Nice to have a refrigerator in the room. Air conditioning a bit cold so bring nightwear. Starbucks across the street. Room was small, comfortable bed, daily housekeeping. Old furniture, carpet, and curtains. Sub-par soap and shampoo. Bring ear plugs. Reasonable price for what it is. I wouldn't bring someone who is "high-maintenance" or too anxious about things as they might not be impressed. You need to have good physical mobility to get up the stairs.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for the 2nd time in a year. Its the best budget hotel in the area. Reason is the quality of wifi, larger rooms and it is very quite, if you get a room in the rear. Parking is just in the back at thr library $12 per 24hr.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2016

Important to ask about elevators when rooms are over four floors. There is none and front desk personnel do not offer to help with luggage. Older is usually fine with me however this one has seen better days and upkeep. No way to turn on fan for some air circulation and window had a sign not to open.
It does offer free WiFi and had flat screen television with English and French stations available.
One desk person was multilingual, the other was not nor very helpful in providing helpful phrases to use. He was serving Sunday continental breakfast between cutting nails.
Well located between two underground stops, lots of shops, pubs, restaurants, hair salons, a theater and library in walking distance. Bathroom had good water pressure and hot water at 11am. Fine place to stay if not planning to spend much time in room.

Room Tip: Third floor front had street noise plus Glentlemen's Club. Not sure if fourth floor rear would have been quieter as walls thin as paper.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacqui W
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Stayed for one night in a double room. The room smelled of stale smoke so assume they allow smoking in the rooms from time to time. It was clean otherwise, with a small en-suite bathroom. I missed breakfast so can't comment. Location of the hotel is good and probably it's best feature. In saying that though I don't expect much from a place that was $70 for the night. The noise from the bar/club next door could be heard but nothing that earplugs didn't fix. If I got the same price I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I stayed on Friday April 15th. I was in room 101 on the lower level. Directly above my room was a nightclub / bar. The music was so loud that I could feel the ceiling, walls and even my body vibrate (kind of like being near the speakers at a rock concert). At 12:30 am I went to the front desk to ask when the music stops or if I could move to another room. The front desk clerk would only speak to me in french but literally said "Don't worry they stop at 3am - not 4 like some other places". I had booked through a third party site and when I called them they said "sorry non-refundable for any reason". Given that I had booked the room to get some sleep I decided I might as well leave. Some things are more important than money. Beyond the noise the room was also probably 80 degrees with no ability to control the heat. The place is well located and the price was fair but only worth considering if you want to arrive after the music stops.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo